Just bought a smartcarry... one problem

This is a discussion on Just bought a smartcarry... one problem within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a smartcarry and I love it, I have one problem with it and was wondering if A) I am wearing it wrong, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a smartcarry... one problem

I just bought a smartcarry and I love it, I have one problem with it and was wondering if A) I am wearing it wrong, or B) others find the same problem. The problem is that when I try to sit it goes directly between my legs and I have to sit with my legs apart. Not pretty when I wear a skirt. I have tried wearing it higher on my waist but then it sticks out like I was male, I can't put it any lower on my hips then where it sits because it would fall off. Any advice or should I just deal with it.

TDPalmer

I'm only posting a reply because i don't want you tho think your post is being ignored.....However, Being a male, i'm not qualified to make any suggestions.

Senior Moderator
    I don't have that problem.

I wear mine across my hips wear a seatbelt normally fits.

I know at least one of or female members has one maybe she will chime in.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    hmmm...both of your situations could be embarassing and or funny...skirt legs apart....legs together, and it looks like you have something extra....no way people are going to mistake you for a cross dresser...and sitting with your legs uncrossed may get some unwanted attention...brittany gets photographed like this once a week!?
    I really don't have a solution, but it sure did brighten my day...
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Men have had to reach down and "adjust themselves" forever. Maybe it's time women are accepted into the fold.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

A. No, you are probably wearing it properly. It is designed to drop between the legs when you sit.

B. As I am a male, this is not a problem for me.

My only advice would be to have it slightly pulled to one side, partially over your thigh, so that when you sat, it would slide along your thigh. I don't know if this would work at all in a skirt, and it would have to be a loose/pleated skirt. This is where other females need to chime in.

You could use it for pants only and get a thigh holster for skirt wear.

VIP Member
    I couldn't get my wife to help so I had to go put mine on and try sitting like a girl... OUCH!

I'm thinking no SmartCarry in short skirts or maybe adjust it slightly to the side so when you sit, the weapon lays more on your thigh. Of course, this won't work too well if the skirt is tight.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Lead Moderator
    Perhaps PM member friesepferd. she did a review of the smart carry a short time ago.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

What type of gun are you carrying in it?? I believe a lot of this is going to depend on your own shape, but as a guy, if I adjust it to the point where the center of the grip is center, with the barrel hugging my left inner thigh, it seems to sit more comfortable. Sadly, while the smart carry works well for deep concealment with some, like any holster, it may not work for all. I hope this helps, or at least that you can find a way to carry that works for you.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I'm a guy and have been wearing a SmartCarry 24/7/365 for over two years now. I have never had a problem sitting... but then again I never sit with my knees touching... I just tried it... I now feel your pain... thanks for the gender lesson!

Sorry I don't have a good solution to offer, maybe one of the gals here can help.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Try crossing your ankles.

Sounds like a smaller gun is the only good answer if you want to continue using the Smartcarry. I just bought a Kel-Tec P3AT and if its not uncomfortable in a jeans pocket, I can't imagine it being uncomfortable for you. Else a different carry mode may be the only alternative, such as in your purse; why not make use of a gender advantage?

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    What are you carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    What are you carrying?
    I carry a Kimber Pro Aegis, 4" barrel. It is not a large gun. I can't carry a gun in my purse as I do not carry a purse, never have, always found them to be to easy a mark and to cumbersom to deal with. I like the smartcarry because I don't have to use a purse, or a belt. When I wear jeans I wear an IWB from Crossbreed. I love both, but without a belt I don't have much for options, that is where the smartcarry comes in. I can deal with sitting like a man unless I am in a shorter skirt. I guess I will have to deal with it and see if I can move it just enough to make it workable.

TDPalmer

Ever consider a thigh holster?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links