Defensive Carry banner

Belt & Holsters - Thanks Kevin @ K&D

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  GingerKid 
#1 ·
My two OWB Eagle Defenders one for my Sig 220 and the other for my SP101 arrive over the weekend via Priority Mail, Thanks Kevin.

They are all Dark Brown in color and everything matches up beautifully. I did the soaking in warm/hot water last night. It did make a difference. But the revolver still hangs up at times on the draw so I resoaked the holster and stuck the revolver back in to let it sit for few more hours. It appears the belt will probably out live me:image035:

Dave

#3 ·
:worthless:

Waiting on 2 holsters, a belt and mag holder from Kevin myself. Card was charged about 10 days ago, hopefully I will be seeing them soon.

#6 ·
The holster comes to you in a premolded fashion though not precise but close to it. To properly wear in the holster to be able to smoothly draw sometimes you have to run hot water over the holster to soften up the leather a bit and put the revolver in the holster and use your fingers to mold it again but this time closer to the actual carry piece. It is just in my opinion a way to fine tune your holster thats all. The directions are given on Kevins website...

Dave

#5 ·
Like any holster, sometimes they are a little too tight. Kevin recommends the following from the FAQ's on his website:

Q: My holster arrived and is a very tight fit. What should I do?
A: If the retention of the gun is too tight for your personal preference, you can attempt the following:

1. Wrap your empty gun in a couple of layers of saran/cling wrap, ensuring the gun is covered.
2. Run the holster under warm water until you feel the leather begin to soften. Primarily run the interior of the holster under the water. (Normally this only takes a few seconds.)
3. Place the gun into the holster. Using your finger tips, mold around the shape of the gun. The basic outline has already been done for you.
4. Let the holster/gun set up dry (approx 3-6 hours).
5. Remove the gun from the holster and allow it to finish drying (generally overnight). Remove the saran wrap from your gun after removing it from the holster.
6. Once the holster is completely dry, test drawing your gun.
7. If you find drawing the gun is still too tight, please remember the leather will soften a certain extent, as well as the contact/rub points between your gun and the holster will slicken up more as the gun is drawn/placed into the holster. If it is still too tight for your preference, then repeat steps 1 through 6, and add a couple of more layers of saran/cling wrap. And, as always, you can return the holster to us, and we would be more than happy to do the process for you.

#9 ·
It's all a matter of personal preference. My K&D drew just fine for MY taste from the first draw. Other people have different preferences. No way a maker is psychic enough to anticipate every persons preferences. So holsters are generally made pretty tight. Also different finishes hold differently to leather. A parkerized gun can really "stick" to new leather as opposed to a gun with a slicker finish. All part of the game.

#10 ·
Wow! I'd never want to dip a leather holster once it's been produced.

Whatever happened to these simple techniques?

1) Wrap the gun in a layer or two of saran wrap then simply holster and draw it a hundred times or so (do I really need to qualify this with safety precautions?).

2) Wrapping the gun in saran wrap, wedge it into the holster as deep as you can, and leave it overnight.

#12 ·
Sorry, unable to provide photos. After running hot water over the leather on two different occassions per Kevins instructions I am happy to report my SP101 is drawing quite nicely. The below link will let you see his work from a previous poster. Do a search on this forum and type in K&D and there will be literally dozens upon dozens of threads on happy/satisfied customers complete with photos...

Again, sorry for no photos. On one of my two holsters my initials are in the leather towards the top. The holster that will be home for my Sig 220 I chose the Eagle design for it. Both holsters and belt are done in dark brown.

On my belt Kevin put a real nice buckle on it and as I mentioned before the belt will probably out live me...

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/concealed-carry-holsters-carry-options/41834-new-belt-holster-k-d-more-pics.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.