Waiting for my Comptac 2' O'clock

This is a discussion on Waiting for my Comptac 2' O'clock within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After some thought and research I decided to give appendix carry a try. According to many sources it is the fastest IWB draw there is, ...

Thread: Waiting for my Comptac 2' O'clock

Waiting for my Comptac 2' O'clock

After some thought and research I decided to give appendix carry a try. According to many sources it is the fastest IWB draw there is, plus I have a slimmer build so even with the CTAC if I'm bending over it can print.

Anybody have one of these yet? I'm just wondering if a G23 might be a bit too big.

I'll post pics and opinions in about 10 days.......

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by whamonkey View Post
    After some thought and research I decided to give appendix carry a try. According to many sources it is the fastest IWB draw there is, plus I have a slimmer build so even with the CTAC if I'm bending over it can print.

Anybody have one of these yet? I'm just wondering if a G23 might be a bit too big.

I'll post pics and opinions in about 10 days.......
    I had one but sent it back. Appendix carry AND Kydex on my body wasn't working out very well.

I got a MTAC instead and love it.

Oh, this was for a PM9.
    If Guns cause Crime, then Pencils cause Misspelled words.....

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

I have really been considering this holster, or the FIST K4. I haven't tried any carry forward of the hip, but I'd like to give it a shot. It seems like it could be uncomfortable when sitting. Let us know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
    I had one but sent it back. Appendix carry AND Kydex on my body wasn't working out very well.

I got a MTAC instead and love it.

Oh, this was for a PM9.
    Were you wearing a tshirt underneath the cover shirt? I've come to the conclusion that a tank top is a must have item whenever I'm carrying, Kydex is rough on the skin.

I like my 2 o'clock for my J frame - I like it less if I'm sitting for a long time. That said, I love where it puts the gun, and it is very fast to draw from. Not sure how it would work for a longer barrel....I think I might have to wear my pants higher. Maybe glue a pad of some kind on the holster...

Austin

Were you wearing a tshirt underneath the cover shirt? I've come to the conclusion that a tank top is a must have item whenever I'm carrying, Kydex is rough on the skin.
    Yup, I wear an "A shirt" (AKA wife beater) every day no matter the mode of carry. It was doubly bad because of the kydex and appendix carry though as I have also tried a leather appendix carry holster, it was a no go. I have also tried another kydex Comp Tac holster and i just can't do the kydex skin deal.

I will tell anyone who asks, Comp Tac is great to work with and I went into it knowing that if it didn't work, they would take care of me. When I decided the 2-Oclock wasn't for me, I exchanged it for the MTAC.

The MTAC and my Smart Carry covers it for me.

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by mrrogers1 View Post
    Yup, I wear an "A shirt" (AKA wife beater) every day no matter the mode of carry. It was doubly bad because of the kydex and appendix carry though as I have also tried a leather appendix carry holster, it was a no go. I have also tried another kydex Comp Tac holster and i just can't do the kydex skin deal.

I will tell anyone who asks, Comp Tac is great to work with and I went into it knowing that if it didn't work, they would take care of me. When I decided the 2-Oclock wasn't for me, I exchanged it for the MTAC.

The MTAC and my Smart Carry covers it for me.
    If the 2'O clock doesn't work for me I'm sticking with the CTAC....I may get the new clips though.

If the 2'O clock doesn't work for me I'm sticking with the CTAC....I may get the new clips though.
    The new standard clips are GRRRRREAT!

NE CCW
    Nebraska Concealed Carry

For me, the 2 O'Clock has provided excellent "absolutely can't be detected" work carry in winter. The barrel length of my PF-9 and Colt New Agent allow total sitting comfort. [again for me] It's more comfortable than trouser pocket carrying a KT p-32 or S&W 342pd.
    Attached Images

Links