DeSantis Speed Scabbard

DeSantis Speed Scabbard

This is a discussion on DeSantis Speed Scabbard within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello y'all. Anyone have any experience with the DeSantis Speed Scabbard as a conceal carry holster. I have been thinking about switching to OWB for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeSantis Speed Scabbard

DeSantis Speed Scabbard

Hello y'all. Anyone have any experience with the DeSantis Speed Scabbard as a conceal carry holster.

I have been thinking about switching to OWB for a change. I like the one for my Beretta 96. But never really used it as a conceal carry holster because of the Beretta's size. This holster is going to be for my RIA Compact 1911 (officer size). I found one for $45 new. I thought about the Galco Concealable Holster but the price is just out of my range.

Let me know what you think. Thanks and have a great day!
    Last edited by skippythenurse; February 25th, 2008 at 09:56 PM.

I have one for my SIG P220. Three slot and well worth the price and comfortable. I like the tension adjustment feature. It's the only holster I have with that. $45 is a good price for new IMO. I think I paid $54. I've been looking at options for my P220 IWB lately. The pistol is pretty good size, and I'm not sure I can do it considering my body type.

I agree with Ramrod. It is not comparable to the top makers, but it is a good holster nevertheless. If price is an object I would go for it.

Jerry

I ordered it. I'll try it for a week or so with all my shirts. If it doesn't pan out, at least I didn't put too much into it. If it works out great, then I go my money's worth.

You should like it. I've had that model for a couple of different guns over the years and always found them to be affordable and functional. When I purchased another Kimber at a gun show last weekend, I was fortunate to find a speed scabbard at another booth to fit it..... bought it for $25 and it looks brand new.

It's currently my primary CC holster. Does the job fine, generally low profile however at the 3:00 SAXD 45 handle prints considerably when bending over and I don't find the appendix carry comfortable and the handle prints there as well.

It's very comfortable with a good gun belt.

I've worn it consistently for about 10 months and it still creaks a bit more than I'd like. Haven't tried the whole "baby powder route."

It's a well made holster and you can't beat it for the ~50 I paid for it. That said, I'm moving on to a crossbreed as I think the BEST CCW holsters will always be IWB's as far as concealment goes.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    I've owned quite a few (4) over the years. I think it is a great holster. As far as a CC rig I can pull it off with my 3" S&W 66 if and that's a big if I'm wearing a very large shirt. Otherwise it'll print like a flashing blue light. If I'm wearing a jacket it works great. I also have one for my 3" model 29. Only way to cover it up is with a jacket, due to it's thickness. Don't know how you can pull it off with a longer barrel at least with a shirt. Oh, forgot to mention I'm 5' 7" so you taller folks might be able to do better.
    I personally like the 2 slot model. For the money you're getting a pretty darn good deal and a great cool wx holster. For CC IWB is the best way of not being made and possibly finding yourself in a situation you really don't want to be in.
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; February 26th, 2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: addition
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

anyone have pics?

Sportsterguy: I can how carrying a S&W 66 can be a hassle. I have the 4" model, thats a lot of metal to try to hide!

Well, you'll have to forgive the camera, and me not wearing my usual carry belt, but I did this post haste once I had seen your request for pics. Again--the tension adjustment on this holster is a much needed option. It's nice, it's smooth in draw and re-holster, comfortable, and a pancake style which I am used to and like with Rosen, and Ahern OWB holsters. P.S. (edit) It does hold the butt of the pistol in very tight to the body which I like, and is necessary for good concealment.

Last edited by Ram Rod; February 27th, 2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: addition of information

Thats not too bad. It does look like it rides high. Can't wait for my holster.

Well, like I say---with my carry belt-it does ride higher, WallyWorld belt pictured. Good concealment under a jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by skippythenurse View Post
    anyone have pics?

Sportsterguy: I can how carrying a S&W 66 can be a hassle. I have the 4" model, thats a lot of metal to try to hide!
    Hi Skip. I'll try to take a couple pics tonight. Like I said I have to wear a large shirt to pull it off. That's why I primarily carry my SA Champion IWB.

Molon Labe!

Received my holster today. So far so good. Wearing my XL shirt and it ain't too bad. I'll post pics tonight, still havethr rest of the week to test this holster.

Skip,
    Excuse the poor photos but you'll get the picture on the ability of concealing your weapon with this holster. Was in a hurry and used my 1 1/2" IWB belt. Works better with a 1 3/4". Like I said might work better for a taller person. Still like it and think it's a great rig.
    Good luck! Roger

Molon Labe!

Nice holster, looks like a gun belt would be in order...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links