IWB Kydex Other Than Blade-Tech

This is a discussion on IWB Kydex Other Than Blade-Tech within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Blade-Tech has a 5 week turnaround time for a Kydex IWB for my USP45. Where else can I get one similar? I don't want Fist, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Kydex Other Than Blade-Tech

Blade-Tech has a 5 week turnaround time for a Kydex IWB for my USP45. Where else can I get one similar? I don't want Fist, so what are my other options?
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

G-code makes one for the usp i have one

I'll take a look at that, what about KyTac's Braveheart?
    "There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales, than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love. It's just a simple fact." - James Keating

cant say only kydex i have is the g code im a leather man and couldnt find leather at the time .. Also this is convertable between paddle and iwb

Bud, how do you like your G-Code holster? I've been looking at them and I like how versatile they are. What are your thoughts on them?

Look into Comp-Tac's C-TAC IWB holster. It's Kydex, except for two small, sturdy leather tabs that join the belt clips with the holster. It's extremely comfy, has great (adjustable) weapon retention, and the company is very friendly and dedicated to customer satisfaction. I have nothing but good things to say about Comp-Tac! :)

http://www.comp-tac.com
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

J,, I was looking at that one also. I think I'm going to buy both depending on how the G-Code is, I like the versatility.

Its all right i guess i cant really come to like it as well as leather not as comfortable for me i guess IWB but as a paddle its great has held up well and fairly easy to clean..

I guess the reason i dont like it iwb is it doesnt flex to fit you like leather will and i always know its there .. Only other think i wish is the back side towards you was higher to cover the hammer or shield it from you im a Big guy and hammer digging into the side sucks

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    Blade-Tech has a 5 week turnaround time for a Kydex IWB for my USP45. Where else can I get one similar? I don't want Fist, so what are my other options?
    Justin,
    I'm just curious, if I may be, what is it about the Fist you don't like?

I've tried, talked to lots of people who have tried, different Kydex holsters and from that I get the impression that the way many Kydex holsters are made, that they can't pull the gun in close to the body and because of the narrow attachment mechanisms, they don't keep the gun stable.

The exception is Fist Kydex. I have a number of them and every time I get the urge to have that low cut, fast draw configuration and strap on somebody else's holster, I realize how much difference there is in the Fist and others.

Tangle, I just prefer Blade-Tech over Fist, if I had to buy Fist I would :) I just spoke with Blade-Tech and they are going to try to have it to me in 2 weeks instead of 5!

Senior Moderator
    Two weeks does sound good! I've had really good service from Blade-tech - I bet they'll make good on the two weeks.

But, wasn't the name of this thread, "IWB Kydex Other Than Blade-Tech"?

Oops! I just saw the IWB. I didn't much care for Blade-tech's IWB - they're kinda big in the pants. Maybe you should re-think if a few weeks delivery time is really worth less comfort. I don't know if you've seen a Fist Kydex IWB, but they are thin! They aren't much more than having the gun in your pants. Seems like I measure the Kydex at .04" thick. But it's the way the holster is constructed that really makes it thin. If you get the snap options, it is off and on much easier and faster than a Blade-tech too.

Just some thoughts.

I'm going to purchase a few brands of IWB and see which one I like best. :)

Senior Moderator
    I'm going to purchase a few brands of IWB and see which one I like best. :)
    There ya go. I think we all have to do that to some degree to find out what's works best for "me".

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch says, "We're all alike, but we're all different."

Very true Tangle.

Tangle, I just prefer Blade-Tech over Fist, if I had to buy Fist I would :) I just spoke with Blade-Tech and they are going to try to have it to me in 2 weeks instead of 5!
    If you are in a hurry, Give Comp-Tac a try, they usually ship in one or two days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links