My new holster

My new holster

This is a discussion on My new holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all i have a new galco high ride concealable holster for my glock 19. My gun fits in very tight what is the correct ...

Thread: My new holster

New Member Array mark greenfield's Avatar

My new holster

Hello all i have a new galco high ride concealable holster for my glock 19. My gun fits in very tight what is the correct way to break the new leather holsters in. Drawning from the new holster is very hard to due and takes both hands.

1952 - 2006
    Most new leather holsters are rather tight. I recommend spreaying some pure silicone into it and then just sit around practicing your presentation. It will loosen up with time.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mark greenfield
    My gun fits in very tight what is the correct way to break the new leather holsters in. Drawning from the new holster is very hard to due and takes both hands.
    One recommendation I've seen is to put the gun in a plastic zip-lock bag and stick it in the holster over night. This is supposed to streach it out just enough. Worked on my VMII.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Wrap it in waxed paper, wax side out and stuff it in overnight. Your holster will be healed.......you may have to do it a couple of times.
    shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Senior Moderator
    Be careful stretching holsters, you can't un-stretch them. That doesn't say don't stretch them, it says be careful doing it.

I usually use a non-zip lock bag; they seem to be signficantly thinner and more pliable than the zip-lock types. If one doesn't do it after 24 hrs then I add a second (double thickness).

Something I have noticed with the bag approach is that it is difficult to keep the bag from being thin some places, towards the muzzle, and bunched up other places like the trigger guard area. The trigger guard area is a critical area because that is what retains the gun.

Sponsored Links