High Noon Holsters - Page 2

High Noon Holsters

This is a discussion on High Noon Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does the Bare Asset and Split Decision stay open for reholstering? Thanks. Ron...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ron
    Does the Bare Asset and Split Decision stay open for reholstering? Thanks.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Purchased a "Bare Skin" recently for a S & W Sigma .40. Listed as an in-stock item.

Opened the box, it was flat as a pancake. Not stiff or molded. Gun fits it ok but impossible to reholster with one hand.

Won't make the same mistake again.

I guess we all have a box of holsters that don't work.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Does the Bare Asset and Split Decision stay open for reholstering? Thanks.

Ron
    The Split Decision does fairly well, in my experience. That said, the leather is not stiff, but I have never had a problem with reholstering. YMMV.

The Split Desision, Mr Softy, Hidden Ally, Bare Asset line was designed to be as thin as possible, like you are wearing no holster at all. It does its job well. Its like just sticking the gun in your waistband but you have some support with the holster. You really do not even know its there. It was not designed for one handed reholster, the leather is to thin to support it. It is real leather, its not the cheap soft suede type holsters that you can roll up in your hand. Its much firmer then that with a super high quality clip. We do have many IWB"s that can do one handed reholster. The Down Under Straps, or Tail Gunner W/Straps would be 2 off the top of my head. These are loaded with bells and whistles, like a stiched in site track, tenision screw, reinforcement around the mouth and guard of the holster etc etc

Biloxi, fear not, you are dealing with High Noon Holsters, we have a 30 day beat it up money back guarantee. In fact we were the first in the industry to introduce something like that. Guarantee
    Just get a return number. I think if you guys will go over our site High Noon Holsters you will see what kind of company High Noon is and the quality we produce. Just dig a little deeper, nothing is hidden, its an easy site to work. Easy company to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    Purchased a "Bare Skin" recently for a S & W Sigma .40. Listed as an in-stock item.

Opened the box, it was flat as a pancake. Not stiff or molded. Gun fits it ok but impossible to reholster with one hand.

Won't make the same mistake again.

I guess we all have a box of holsters that don't work.
    In defense of the holster, the website does say it is made out of "glove leather". Glove leather is soft, thats one of the reasons it is so comfortable. The holster works great for what it is designed for, carrying a gun comfortably. If a holster is made for reholstering, then it wouldn't be made out of a soft leather such as glove leather. Personally to me, reholstering is an "extra", not a necessity when it comes to ccw. If I can wear the gun comfortably, and draw the weapon easily, then thats all I need. If I want a holster that stays open for reholstering, then I wouldn't get one made from "glove leather".
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    The Split Desision, Mr Softy, Hidden Ally, Bare Asset line was designed to be as thin as possible, like you are wearing no holster at all. It does its job well. Its like just sticking the gun in your waistband but you have some support with the holster. You really do not even know its there. It was not designed for one handed reholster, the leather is to thin to support it. It is real leather, its not the cheap soft suede type holsters that you can roll up in your hand. Its much firmer then that with a super high quality clip. We do have many IWB"s that can do one handed reholster. The Down Under Straps, or Tail Gunner W/Straps would be 2 off the top of my head. These are loaded with bells and whistles, like a stiched in site track, tenision screw, reinforcement around the mouth and guard of the holster etc etc

Biloxi, fear not, you are dealing with High Noon Holsters, we have a 30 day beat it up money back guarantee. In fact we were the first in the industry to introduce something like that. Guarantee
    Just get a return number. I think if you guys will go over our site High Noon Holsters you will see what kind of company High Noon is and the quality we produce. Just dig a little deeper, nothing is hidden, its an easy site to work. Easy company to work with.
    I am looking for a clip on holster for a Walther P99c. I don't so much care about one hand reholstering as much as being able to reholster without having difficulty forcing the gun back into the holster because it has collapsed under the force of the belt. Wiil any of the holsters mentioned above satisfy this requirement?

Thanks.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I am looking for an IWB for a Ruger SP101 that will ride low in the waistband so that part of the grip will be below the waistline. I replaced the stock grip with a larger hogue one to fit my hand better but this means there is more to print now.

Some of the tuckable holsters ride low, deep into waistband. Can someone post a picture of a High Noon Hidden Alley with a SP101 or other make snub revolver? I want to try to see how it would sit before ordering one.

If I like it I probably will order the molded leather equivalent Hidden Impact.

Thanks in advance.

I have several OWB holsters for my compact 1911s. My favorite is the Sparks I-BAK. However I find that I prefer a holster with a body/shirt guard to protect a white shirt when I wear a suit.
    Unless he has changed, Tony will not provide the guard on the OWB holster.

Accordingly, I have ordered, or on the waiting list, of Alex Nossar for one of his holsters. I admit I have wanted one of his holsters for years, but did not have an excuse until now. I do not know how long it will take to get it.

I have called Coal Creek Armory several times to see if they have a Brommeland Def-Con, but no luck so far. I have one for a Kahr P9, and it is a superb holster, but one might never be available for a 1911 Compact/Commander.

I looked at the High Noon site, but do not see a low ride holster with a body guard. Am I missing it?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Hi Ron,

The Down Under or Tailgunner will do it. The site has good descriptions of the holsters, it will say reinforced on any that have that option.

Jerry M:
    The Slide guard may do it for you buts its not a true low ride. Slide Guard

Chris :
    Order it ,if you do not like it just send it back. You can only design a holster so low and then you can not get a combat grip on the weapon.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Hi Ron,

The Down Under or Tailgunner will do it. The site has good descriptions of the holsters, it will say reinforced on any that have that option.

Thanks, Alex. I looked at your site and did not find that either of the holsters you mentioned were made for the P99compact. What am I misssing here? Actually, the public Secret or Down Under sounds like something that would work for me since they rides low and have the backing so the slide is off the body. But, I did not see that you stock them for my gun. is that correct?

Ron

J. R. R. Tolkien

Another satisfied customer here. Their Public Secret is comfortable enough to wear against bare skin, and hides my G36 just fine.

I ordered the holster on a Sunday, and it was at my door on a Tuesday. Can't beat that for customer service.

I have two High Noon holsters and have talked to the company service dept several times.
    I can say that they are very good people to deal with.
    They make an outstanding product and service and advise if very solid.

I used HNH before I started making my own. They are very good holster with a very good secure metal 'C' clip and OWB holster are very good quality.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Thanks, Alex. I looked at your site and did not find that either of the holsters you mentioned were made for the P99compact. What am I misssing here? Actually, the public Secret or Down Under sounds like something that would work for me since they rides low and have the backing so the slide is off the body. But, I did not see that you stock them for my gun. is that correct?
    Hi Ron,

Sorry about that I keep thinking S&W 99C. We never got a casting for the Walther C. So in the molded lines we do not have, but the non molded lines we do have.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; March 2nd, 2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

I was just going to ask if anybody used High Noon holsters. Good thing I searched.

I'm looking at either the "Bare Skin" or "Skin Tight" for my new XD9sc that I'm picking up on Fri. (yay) that will be my CCW.

I'm taking then that the general concensus is that they're pretty good?
    I've been "surf'n" the web for the past few weeks since I put the XD on layaway in a effort to find a quality OWB holster for a decent price that's IN stock.

I'm think'n I'll order one. (most likely the "skin tight" ) for the optional thumb strap/slide guard to keep it from rubb'n against my side. (they don't make the "skin deep" for 3" XD's)

Thanks
    Last edited by cupsz71; March 4th, 2008 at 09:55 AM.
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links