High Noon Holsters

This is a discussion on High Noon Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Guys, I NEED that alter ego! I don't like the gun touching my skin, just bugs me. Hopefully I will get for mothers day. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: High Noon Holsters

Hey Guys,

I NEED that alter ego! I don't like the gun touching my skin, just bugs me. Hopefully I will get for mothers day. I like the tu-tone too! Just perfect!

Is there a way you can move the clip up a little, so the gun sits a tad lower? Could be the pic too. I like that my gun sits really low, in the one I fixed up a bit.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    Hey Guys,

I NEED that alter ego! I don't like the gun touching my skin, just bugs me. Hopefully I will get for mothers day. I like the tu-tone too! Just perfect!

Is there a way you can move the clip up a little, so the gun sits a tad lower? Could be the pic too. I like that my gun sits really low, in the one I fixed up a bit.
    If you want it to sit lower and still cover the gun, then I'd look at the HN Closing Argument. It's special order but it's worth the wait. I have two for my XDs and I'll never use another holster ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    Hey Guys,

Hi Blue Daisy,

Any size you want, most times we make the flap the height of the combat grip, which means hand on gun ready to draw, clip height right under that. As the clip goes higher the gun sits lower, it can get so low you may have a two finger draw to get it into action. Keep that in mind when picking clip height. Your wish is our command, let us know.

Take Care
    Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

I recently bought the "Skin Deep" model for my CZ RAMI. It's a snap-on/off, quick-release rig made out of their economy material (I can't recall what they call it). I would much rather have the "Snapper," which is made of leather and formed to the specific gun it's ordered for, but I just couldn't wait as long as it would take to get it. The Skin Deep (as far as I can tell) is pretty generic. I'm reasonably sure that the model I got fits several other guns as it isn't formed or molded at all. Alex can correct me about that if I'm mistaken, and it's not intended as a criticism even if it is true, just an observation. There aren't very many holsters out there that list the RAMI for fit, whether custom or off the shelf, so when I found something in stock at High Noon, I went ahead and ordered it and I'm glad I did.

I have to carry a company-issued weapon at work, and am not allowed to keep my own on me under any circumstances. For that reason, I needed something that I could take on and off quickly, easily and without having to undo my belt. I was (and still am) looking for a paddle holster to fill that bill, but the only one I could find that listed the RAMI and was in stock at the time was the Galco Yaqui, which doesn't cover much of the weapon at all and was not what I was looking for. So a snap-on was my second choice, and this model was the only one that listed the RAMI that I could get immediately, which BTW, was literally 2 working days after I ordered it. Can't argue with High Noon's commitment to getting stuff out quick if/when they have it/finish it.

The holster works well, but it was always intended to be a temporary solution anyway, so I'm not going to level any real criticisms of it here. It works as I expected, so I got exactly what I paid for, and that's always a good thing. I would've gladly paid twice as much (or maybe even more) for exactly what I wanted in a leather paddle rig had one been in stock somewhere, but no one, and do mean no one, offers them off the shelf for the RAMI. Very few custom makers offer any designs specifically for the RAMI at all, so High Noon will likely get my business again when I'm ready to put down some ducketts on that "perfect" leather rig. Hopefully that will be soon.

Anyway, here's some pics of the holster and how it rides. The cant is a bit more than I thought it would be, but I have no problem getting a firm and positive grip on the weapon, so it's not a problem. The belt is a 1.5" Belt Man.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Hey Everybody,

Thanks for the welcome. Cd the slide guard will work great for you and there is one in stock. I will hold for 24 hrs for you.

We do not post much cause of time problems. If you need a question answered fast get us on the web site High Noon Holsters look for the contact us page. But we will try and get here every now and then, seems like a real nice forum with lots of info!!

Take Care
    Alex

Hi, Alex. I was pleased to see your post. I have a Taurus PT1911 that I will be using for IDPA competition. Which of your OWB holsters would you recommend for that pistol?
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by slugger6 View Post
    Hi, Alex. I was pleased to see your post. I have a Taurus PT1911 that I will be using for IDPA competition. Which of your OWB holsters would you recommend for that pistol?
    Got your PM on this and have answered.

Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links