Shoulder holster help

Shoulder holster help

This is a discussion on Shoulder holster help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use one of these shoulder holster bands? If so, how do you like it? If not, what don't you like about it? #234 ...

Thread: Shoulder holster help

Shoulder holster help

Does anyone use one of these shoulder holster bands? If so, how do you like it? If not, what don't you like about it?

#234 DeepConcealment Shoulder Holsters

I know it would be slower on the draw, but maybe easier to conceal with certain outfits. Living in FL, I wear jeans (shorts and pants) and t-shirts most of the time I'm not working.

Currently I use a Don Hume leather IWB @ the 4 o'clock position for my Taurus 817 (7-shot .38 spl). When wearing jeans, I don't find it very comfortable when running errands. In the car it "rubs me the wrong way" and I have to remove from the holster after I'm in the car. I know carrying "isn't supposed to be comfortable, but give you comfort", but I want to find something that I don't have to remove my weapon everytime I get in the car. I have not tried to carry OWB, so would like to hear others experiences with OWB. I'm just worried that OWB would be seen upon bending/lifting, etc. since my t-shirts don't hang really low like some of the youngsters do.

I'm also wanting to carry my CZ82 and looking for carry method.

I would love to hear what others use, especially those in warmer weather areas.

Thanks...TR

Last week I did a review on this carry method, and provided pics
    check it out, it should help you.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...view-pics.html
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Administrator

Suggestion

Since you'll need to wear that with a T-shirt underneath it and a light cover garment over it then why don't you try a good, high quality leather OWB holster with a good gun belt at 3:30 behind the strong side hip.
    You can't get much more comfortable than that and then you'll not be concealed overly deep where crucial time will be lost gaining access to your firearm.
    You might want to buy a few pairs of shorts from Woolrich Elite AKA Rogue Elite (LOTS of pockets and well thought out belt loops)
    Buy a top quality leather OWB holster that cants the firearm forward & with a skin guard and then you can cover it with oversize, dark, double weight 100% COTTON T-Shirts - no problem at all.
    That way you'll stay cool & comfortable - still have fast access & sitting and driving is no problem at all.
    That would be my first choice for comfort in hot weather Summer carry.
    Be sure to buy your T-Shirts large enough and long enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also...concerning that Deep Concealment - If you're going to wear an UNDERSHIRT plus an OVER-SHIRT as a cover garment then you might as well just carry in a good quality leather shoulder holster.
    Your draw will be quicker with that than a deep concealment type set-up.

"I'm just worried that OWB would be seen upon bending/lifting, etc. since my t-shirts don't hang really low like some of the youngsters do."

Hey...what can I tell you.
    You might have to shop for some new summer T-Shirts.
    You don't have to buy super sloppy ones that hang all the way down to your knees.
    You DO have to buy them Oversize ENOUGH that AFTER they shrink...(and they ALL do)...even the "pre-shrunk" that they are still oversize enough to do the job.

On these forums I have seen lots of praise for the Sam Andrews Andrews Custom Leather shoulder holsters. I know Sam and he is one super stand up guy. I love the gear I've gotten from him. He will work with you and practically tailor the holster for your needs. He will also advise you as to how to get optimum use out of it.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Thanks guys for all the info. I have ordered the one I posted about. They have a 100% no question asked return policy, so I'll see how it feels/works. I'm still going to look for an OWB carry as well, to give me multiple options.

I know most CCW holders have a drawer full of holsters...I guess I'm starting my collection
    Any other thoughts certainly welcomed.

Thanks...TR
    Last edited by Tumblerats; February 29th, 2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Changed mispelled words

I have a holster similar to the one you're talking about. Unfortunately, I don't remember the manufacturer's name, but I bought it at a gun show in Jacksonville.

It doesn't have the shoulder straps. The entire thing is made of light, stretchy material. It's light and porous enough that it doesn't get very hot, even in the summer, and it stays up without the straps.

If you're up this way for one of the gun shows, they always have a booth, and they're happy to demonstrate. At the last show I went to, the guy running the booth reached inside his shirt and came out with a Desert Eagle.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links