Milt Sparks? - Page 2

Milt Sparks?

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concerning Galco. I have also had a couple of their holsters begin to "go soft" after a few to 6 months. Granted I have always ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milt Sparks?

Administrator
    Concerning Galco. I have also had a couple of their holsters begin to "go soft" after a few to 6 months.
    Granted I have always been tough on holsters but, it just did not seem normal.
    That was years ago & so I don't know if it was just a temporary thing with Galco (and their leather selection at the time) or not.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    I have both a HBE Leatherworks COM 3 and a VM-II for my full size 1911 Springer. I will agree they are both outstanding holsters! When I swapped over to a SA Champion as a CCW I was again holster hunting. The turnaround time on the MS was 24 weeks. I saw a post for a IWB holster made by TT Gunleather TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters that is a close copy of the MS at almost half the price. Went to their website and ordered one of Tim's holsters. Turn around time was 4-6 weeks at the time and he offered a military and LEO discount, something the other 2 makers don't do. Have been wearing it constantly since it's arrival and will put it up against the other two for comfort, quality and service. Nothing against Milt Sparks but 6 weeks delivery and 1/2 the price really swayed me on this purchase and I will be taking my business back to Tim.

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I've got a whole box or two of holsters that have been called "the best ever". I also have 9 MS VMII.

I have tried Concealco, KD, FIST, Galco, Hume, TT, UBG, DeSantis. Most are very nice, but to ME I prefer the VMII.

YMMV of course.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I have to tell ya, I'm currently wearing my AKJ Concealco for my 1911 EMP and I have to say with confidence that when it comes to quality VM II is obviously the winner BUT when it comes to comfort, It's a toss up! Just my opinion.

Last edited by TwinCarry; March 3rd, 2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added pics
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

On a whim I bought a Milt Sparks Summer Special for my GLOCK G19. It was "left over stock" when a Gun Shop changed ownership & had been there for a while. I made a low-ball offer to the new owner & paid half the marked price. I've found it to be a fine piece of equipment. Now that I've had a chance to wear it for a while...the original retail price seems perfectly reasonable.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Dissenting opinion - I like the Sparks Executives Companion. The flange makes it very comfortable.

Has anyone used the kydex clips that Milt Sparks offers?

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    Also, just curious how long they usually take to deliver?
    It depends - how old are you?
    I ordered mine last November, still waiting...
    Was told about 6 months.

I want a ms vmII but after what I went thru with gary and the coveted max crap, I'm not waiting a year for a holster. From what I have seen Tim at TT is just as good and he will get an order from me soon.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    I want a ms vmII but after what I went thru with gary and the coveted max crap, I'm not waiting a year for a holster. From what I have seen Tim at TT is just as good and he will get an order from me soon.
    I sort of agree with you. But Milt Sparks doesn't charge you until they ship the holster. I ordered one and expect it to be ready in May. They will contact me when they start it. I can make changes to the order then if necessary. I'm wanting to pick up a 1911 but haven't made a decision on which one yet. I'll change the order from a holster for my Walther P99 to a 1911 if I need to.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Cdwolf, I do believe you'll be impressed with your TT. Tim does great work at a very good price. His orders are increasing so you're buying at a good time. Please let me know how you like your rig when it arrives and you've broken it in.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Looking at holsters on the makers' sites, and also on this forum, I find that black holsters do not photograph well enough for me to really examine them and make much of a determination as to quality.
    I wonder if tan does not show detail better? I wish the makers' sites would show the products better, and maybe tan holsters would be the way to go.

Any photo buffs here that will comment?

Best,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    Cdwolf, I do believe you'll be impressed with your TT. Tim does great work at a very good price. His orders are increasing so you're buying at a good time. Please let me know how you like your rig when it arrives and you've broken it in.

Roger
    I will be interested to see his pancake when he gets it finalized.
    Jerry

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Looking at holsters on the makers' sites, and also on this forum, I find that black holsters do not photograph well enough for me to really examine them and make much of a determination as to quality.
    I wonder if tan does not show detail better? I wish the makers' sites would show the products better, and maybe tan holsters would be the way to go.

Any photo buffs here that will comment?

Best,
    Jerry
    There is one thing you can count on. When your talking Milt Sparks, Alessi, Del Fatti, Bulman, Rosen and a handful of others, they define quality. Some makers show holsters in different colors and types of pistols. I like that, too.

CRING- I just ordered my Versa Max 2, a few days ago. I specifically asked about the Kydex clips. I ordered my holster with the belt loops. The Kydex clips, clip to the pants, and DO NOT have a hook to go under the belt. But, they will sell you the Kydex clips later if you so desire them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links