Milt Sparks?

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read that alot of folks like these holsters, and was looking around and liked the look of one of the Versa Max 2 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milt Sparks?

Milt Sparks?

I have read that alot of folks like these holsters, and was looking around and liked the look of one of the Versa Max 2 holsters for a IWB. I have a summer special made by Galco but it is starting to become... Well limp I guess, as it is allowing the grip to shift on me and print, something it hasn't done before.

Any suggestions that anyone thinks they would like to throw out there, or any thoughts on this or another Milt Sparks holster would be appriciated.

Also, just curious how long they usually take to deliver?

2. Remove Ads

The VM2 is probably the most popular IWB out there. Galco is a factory, and can't touch the quality (although their prices indicate they should). I've got a VM2 for each 1911 size. They've just started a new program to control the long wait times. Their website explains it.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I ended up getting my Milt Sparks second hand, the guy carried it for about a year and gave it to me. I have had it a year and had no problem with it. I am also looking into BoomSticK, they seem like quality holsters
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Great holster, I own two VM-2's I like how the straps support the gun from the sides not directly on the weight of the gun. This helps out a lot more from a comfort stand point.
    My suggestion would be go to Milt sparks website and get the holster from one of the 3 distrubtors Lightening arms, Top gun supply or brownells; however, even with them you got to be quick on the draw/telephone. Otherwise if you order directly from Sparks 6-8 month wait.

Another really nice holster which is similar is that Max Con-V one of the advertisers here has them in stock. I dont' know the exact wait on them from the manufactor. But I called them on Tuesday looking for a LH and they had tons of RH in stock.

Brommeland Gunleather Concealed Carry Holsters at Coal Creek Armory - 865.966.4545
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Administrator

Thumbs up

Milt Sparks Gunleather is always busy.
    For obvious reasons as their carry rigs are forever in high demand.
    They are not taking any new orders until March 1st.
    Sparks gunleather is absolutely worth the wait time.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I put in an order the beginning of January for a Heritage Limited for carrying my 1911 in summer. I have 5 VMIIs at the moment, they are infinitely more durable than the Galcos I have (that crapped out early on), two of them were purchased secondhand. I was really impressed by the the coloring of the cordovan ones I got, almost like a marble or birdseye maple.
    Here's one for my 92Brig, I'm wearing one with my PX4 right now.

Here are the other two I got on the same order,
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Great photos! Notice how the front loop support is cut way down the body? That is what makes the VM2 so comfortable. Everyone else just attaches the loop to the holster body.

VIP Member
    I have several Milt Sparks holsters. I have a VM-II for every CCW I own. I personally believe that this is the best IWB made.

Now there are other very good holsters out there and even a few copies of the VM-II that are also quite good, the choice is an individual one to be sure, but I have yet to find a VM-II style IWB holster that was better than the MS VM-II.

My choice has been and will continue to be Milt Sparks... and yes, they are worth the wait!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

There is a reason they go for double the price on eBay!

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    The skirt on the Sparks ExC makes it the most comfortable IWB I have used. Although some dislike the location of the straps, I have not found they add any bulk that affects concealment. It is my favorite.

Best,
    Jerry

I have two sparks
    VMII for the USPC...Best IWB I have tried... there is a reason so many copy his original design... TT, Brigade, and KD all make some similar designs. My experience with KD is excellent and I have a brigade on the way...Tony did not have the VMII for a 3"springfield with a rail or I would be on the waiting list again... Here is the HK in the VMII

and an Nelson Patriot (NP1 - no longer offered) that I truely love...This has a small paddle on the back that hooks over the pants and makes it super stable.. a pleasure to wear...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

I have a bunch of holsters, but for IWB, the VM II is my favorite. I have one for a compact 1911 and another for my Sigs (220, 226, 228 all fit the same holster).

kpw
    I like both my Milt Sparks holsters. A BHP .40 in a Watch Six and a G19 in a VM II. Both are comfortable all day with maybe a slight edge to the WS after 10-12 hours.

Milt Sparks Versa Max II = Yeah baby Yeah!!!

kpw, just a reminder of what your getting soon!

Last edited by TwinCarry; March 1st, 2008 at 02:52 AM. Reason: added kpw
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

On the holster that went limp, did you pechance put oil on it, that will make a holster go limp.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links