Looking for belt/MTAC advice.

This is a discussion on Looking for belt/MTAC advice. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good casual/jeans belt. I don't have an IWB holster yet but am considering a MTAC w/C clips. Who makes a good ...

Thread: Looking for belt/MTAC advice.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar

Looking for belt/MTAC advice.

I'm looking for a good casual/jeans belt. I don't have an IWB holster yet but am considering a MTAC w/C clips. Who makes a good belt for the money? Also, what width is most versatile? I'm 5'9", 195 with some extra hanging over at the waistline if that matters. A 1.75" width seems too big for my size.

Can I only buy the MTAC from Comp-Tac direct or are there any other places that may have it discounted some?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I like my Wilderness Instructors belt. It's a 5 stitch, 1 1/2" width. They also make one with a polymer stiffener. I consider the 1 1/2" the ideal width.

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

I would just get the MTAC from CompTac. The prices are good & service is great too. I would get the slide version so you can carry more than just one weapon in it. Well, you know what I mean.

Comp-Tac : Products

Thanks for your input,

What's the slide version? I see that I can get different bodies if I want to use the MTAC with various guns:
    Comp-Tac : Products

Edit:
    OK, I figured out the slide version but it looks like I can only get that for one of my pistols (PM9). I wish they made one that worked with both a G20 and G29. I've got a G20 but may be picking up (or trading in the G20) for a G29 if the deal presents itself. Maybe the extra body idea is best for the Glocks.

carhartt also makes good looking strong belts, at usually half the price of "gun" belts.

In the case of belts, I found that you usually get what you pay for. I have a Wilderness Instructor belt which I use but my favorite is my 1.5" belt from the Beltman Gun Belts by The Belt Man
    I have a few of these and they are comfortable and will hold my Govt. model 1911's snug and up tight. I also own three MTAC's Minotaur rigs - Karhr P9, 1911's, Sig 228. When you compare comfort, printing, quality, price, customer service and DELIVERY time - I have yet to find anything better. Good luck.....

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Belts by the Beltman look great---they just look like good leather belts. Mine holds up the MTAC just fine, and I wear the belt all the time anyway, I like it so much. 1.5" is probably going to be the best; it'll fit any belt loop except for small loops on some dress pants.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I use the MTAC with a couple different belts. For a great belt, try the Liger belt. It is made of a synthetic material "Ligerthane" which I'm guessing is a urethane+kevlar combo. It doesn't stretch, doesn't sag, doesn't twist and is thinner than a double-ply leather belt. Retails for about $70. Oh yeh, it looks like leather and comes in black, brown or tan.
    Last edited by WoodLark; March 2nd, 2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add info
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I started out thinking a belt-is-a-belt and used one of them 'work' belts. After a couple of months the thang started sagging (the belt). Ordered a Rafter S, which took forever, and a Beltman in the now discontinued lee-zard finish.

The Rafter is the best belt for ME. The Beltman is great and much less frustration in obtaining.

Get a gun belt.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Thanks everyone,

I'm liking the 1.5" black elephant Beltman w/round nickel buckle. It looks tough and versatile. Pricey but a good belt is a must.

Check out the belts on clearance at Comp-Tac. Basic tan, reinforced with some kydex in the middle. Really like mine.

But I have three belts from the Beltman, too.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

I use the beltman in brown 1.25" and have found this to be plenty wide for supporting my glock - plus it looks fine with jeans. Jim's belts are worth every penny.

Links