My IWB shifts

This is a discussion on My IWB shifts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone else had an issue with there IWB holster shifting on them? I have a Max-Con...a great holster..I simply love its all day comfort, ...

Thread: My IWB shifts

My IWB shifts

Has anyone else had an issue with there IWB holster shifting on them? I have a Max-Con...a great holster..I simply love its all day comfort, but have 1 small issue...it shifts around from the 3:30 position I like it at to 4:00 and beyond/behind. This, being a fullsize 1911, kinda adds/creates a printing issue with the long grip of a fullsize pistol. I find myself adjusting it often.
    I am using a 1 1/2" gun belt (double thickness).
    Does anyone have a fix they have developped for this issue? some tacky/abrasive/ non-slip thing they do or have done to keep there IWB form shifting to there rear?
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

2. Remove Ads

Comp-Tac sells mole skin that I use on the back of some holsters and it helps with stability .

My Max-Con does the same thing, as most IWBs. I noticed that the Comp-tac Mtac which has the rough side out doesnt do this as much, possibly not at all. Try moleskin, it's a cheap fix and I've heard a lot of success with it. BTW, moleskin is also available at Wal-Mart at the footcare section.

I once glued about a 2" x 2" piece of thin rubber to an old Mitch Rosen that wouldn't stay put.

I cut it out of a round piece that was stuck in the back of a kitchen drawer..... one of those things that you use to help grip the lid of a jar. It worked pretty well. I never did really like that holster though.....

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I was going to post the same question. I have a MTAC and it shifts all the time, mostly getting in and out of a car.

The thing I do notice though, is it shifts to the natural sweet spot, so I just leave it there. It turns out to be very comfortable and I just dress/move accordingly.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Thanks, I have used moleskin on my C-TAC before i sold it. I guess I could try it again on the outside of the holster to give it a lil grip on the pants.I agree it does shift to a very neutral and comfortable position...just at times i feel the grip is sticking out my back and visible. sometimes it's ok i don't care if I print a lil but other times i hafta be "VERY discreet" as in 100% concealed! no if's ands or buts.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Walmart tip QuickDraw

Mine always seems to find it's way to the perfect spot also. Go to a fabric store and get a couple of inches of velcro, they probably have scraps around. Using rubber contact cement (remember to apply to both sides and let dry before placing together) glue one side to the belt and the other to the holster just where you want it.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I use a Tucker Texas Heritage and hook the front clip on my belt infront of my belt loop at 3 o'clock, and that keeps it from wandering. Not sure if thats an option on the Max-Con....

Member Array Bluegrass Holsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    Has anyone else had an issue with there IWB holster shifting on them? I have a Max-Con...a great holster..I simply love its all day comfort, but have 1 small issue...it shifts around from the 3:30 position I like it at to 4:00 and beyond/behind. This, being a fullsize 1911, kinda adds/creates a printing issue with the long grip of a fullsize pistol. I find myself adjusting it often.
    I am using a 1 1/2" gun belt (double thickness).
    Does anyone have a fix they have developped for this issue? some tacky/abrasive/ non-slip thing they do or have done to keep there IWB form shifting to there rear?
    It is possible that the loops were either cut for a 1.75 inch belt or that they have stretched somewhat. I would suggest a call to Gary and see if he can hook you up with new loops (assuming they are removable)...if not, I would be happy to assist you.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Cotton undies may help.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    Cotton undies may help.
    Boxer or briefs?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
    It is possible that the loops were either cut for a 1.75 inch belt or that they have stretched somewhat. I would suggest a call to Gary and see if he can hook you up with new loops (assuming they are removable)...if not, I would be happy to assist you.
    I was thinking the same thing, the only problem I've had with any IWB was when I had 1 3/4" loops on a 1.5" belt. The only shifting with proper loops is more cant-related, like the muzzle catches the seam on the trousers when you sit down and then you go to stand up and the pistol prints because it is now canted farther backward. Properly sized loops shouldn't migrate along the belt, differences between manufacturers is negligible. I've got a VMII on a Mernickle belt right now and it won't budge from its place.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

I think you'd get a quicker response from Coal Creek Armory, Gary's new distributor.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Links