Who wears OWB with just a T-Shirt over?

This is a discussion on Who wears OWB with just a T-Shirt over? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying to buy a Kramer Horsehide Scabbard to carry my P229 or HK P30. My everyday attire is pretty much T-shirt and jeans or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wears OWB with just a T-Shirt over?

I'm trying to buy a Kramer Horsehide Scabbard to carry my P229 or HK P30. My everyday attire is pretty much T-shirt and jeans or short since I live in FL. The winter here is usually mild and it seems like it's getting hotter lately.

Anyway, does anyone here have the Kramer Scabbard or any other OWB and only wear a loose t-shirt over it? If so, what gun do you carry? I love the concealability of IWB but I heard that OWB is mighty comfy.

Member Array Bluegrass Holsters's Avatar
    I typically carry OWB all the time in the summer and usually have a dark wicking t-shirt or the dreaded Hawaiian shirt for cover. No real problems with concealment. Typical carry guns are 45's (double and single stack, full size 40's and subcompact varieties.). Some shirts I can get away with carrying a howitzer, some I have to downsize a bit!

YMMV

kpw
    Tshirts and polos with a G19 in a UBG Bonneville. No problem

I always carry IWB, but on occasion carry in a Kramer Horsehide Belt Scabbard (best OWB I've ever had so far) at my secret shooting spot. Before my belly got bigger than my chest, it was no problem. I can't find them anymore, but used to buy heavyweight, loose t-shirts with fairly short hems that concealed well, but didn't hang halfway down to my knees. They were for athletic guys. Sure like to find some of them again!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

i carry a S&W 9VE normally, in a bianchi minimalist, in little more than a t-shirt during the summer. i usually have no problems; the heavier the material, the better. this year i'm going to try to carry a Llama IX (a spanish 1911) in a desantis mini slide.

I very seldom carry IWB.I usually carry OWB with a Simply Rugged Pancake holster for a S&W 637 J frame or SP101 357mag. Also carry Springfield Compact 45acp or Browning HP in Galco Yaqui slide.Seems to work fine.
    Ron

OWB G20 or G29, with a Nike shirt or so....gotta find a good IWB...I have a slim frame and dont want to start showing...like a pregnant woman...lol

Patiently waiting for my two Bonneville's from Nate at UBG... oh they look so nice. Very high ride pancake design. The 4" 1911 with slim grips should vanish!

I wear a t-shirt with a RIA Compact in DeSantis Speed Scabbard. Not all shirts though, preferably XXL that passes half-way down my back pocket.

Kramer belt scabbard works well

I have several Kramer belt scabbards in horsehide, which I think are one of the best OWB holsters I have seen. They carry the gun canted and high on the belt, pulling it tight into the body for good concealment. You can use a dark colored T shirt, worn outside the belt, as a cover garment. It is important to pick a T shirt made of heavier material in a larger size and with enough length to give good coverage. And then be careful in bending forward or lifting your hands over your head.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Great photos. Notice the detail in the belt loops. Kramer already has them molded for your belt. Nobody that I know of does that. Usually you have to break them in, and they're stiff and stick out until it's done.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Great photos. Notice the detail in the belt loops. Kramer already has them molded for your belt. Nobody that I know of does that. Usually you have to break them in, and they're stiff and stick out until it's done.
    Yea, that's nice!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I never noticed that about the belt loops until you mentioned it. Good thinking.

I choose to carry IWB with t-shirt 12 months out of the year,I live in South Texas,1 reason is my grip is not as high so if i do have to draw i can do it more discreetly and if my shirt pulls up unless it passes my pants top nothing shows

Belt loop molding on Kramer scabbards

Yes, the Kramer belt scabbards come new with the belt loops molded to take a belt. Kramer must mount the holster in wet condition on a rigid frame shaped like a belt, at the same time they mold the leather to the shape of the gun.

So even though my holsters above look like they have been worn for years and taken the shape of a belt while breaking in, the truth is that they were all quite new from the factory when I took the photos. Over time they don't change much, because the horsehide leather is so stiff and hard that it wears like iron. Cow leather is softer and will change more over time.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links