Defensive Carry banner

Got my CompTac 2 o'clock...impressions

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  whamonkey 
#1 ·
Well it arrived today, Smarties and all and I was eager to try it out. As usual, CompTac delivers in a hurry and the product is flawless. I had tried appendix carry with a High Noon Bare Asset and because of the way the clip mounts right over the weapon it created a noticeable bump right where I hang my keys on the belt loop; I didn't like it and I was hoping the CompTac would remedy that.

The clip for the 2 o'clock is offset so the whole Kydex package is slimmer. My G23 sits a little higher than I'm used to and the clip isn't adjustable, but this is not really an issue. It's a benefit in the sitting down department, actually, but the grip tends to dig into the ribs if you aren't careful. The draw of Kydex is unmatched in my opinion and the retention of the weapon is adjustable of course. It will take some getting used to carrying in front of my hip; I carried 3-4 o'clock in a CTAC for a year now and I have it sitting really low. I like the fact that I seem to have more control of the weapon in a crowd, nobody can bump up behind you and it can be drawn in a hurry. Mentally it is a bit bothersome to sit down and have a loaded Glock pointing at my femoral artery....I know it's just a mental hurdle but still.:redface:

Overall, I am liking the position and will keep the new addition. It is a great option for those of us with a slim middle section who don't want to constantly be wearing 2x shirts. CompTac scores a hit with this one, pictures to follow soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
There is a part of me that would not get over that mental hurdel:rofl:
I know guns dont go off by thereself, but i'm not pointing anything in that area that is cocked and unlocked. Carefull on the draw under stress. :nutkick:

#3 ·
Wore it all day today and found that for standing it is great...sitting, not so great. I can barely bend over; I found myself thinking I'd rather print a bit and be able to tie my shoe than not be able to flex at the waist hardly at all. I'll give it another shot but without the ability to lower the rig it may not work unless I plan on walking around all day.

Anybody got any suggestions? Maybe I'm wearing it to close to the 1 o'clock position. I still can't see how in front of the hip will allow any sort of mobility with a G23.

Hmmm......

#5 ·
G23 too big?

Anybody got any suggestions? Maybe I'm wearing it to close to the 1 o'clock position. I still can't see how in front of the hip will allow any sort of mobility with a G23
I think the G23 may be on the large size for a Comp-Tac 2 O'clock and appendix carry. I have a G23 and know the size of the gun, and my 2 O'clock holster is for my Kahr MK9, a very small gun. The MK9 has a 3 inch barrel, a "two finger" length grip with a single stack magazine inside. The G23 has a 4 inch barrel, a "three finger" length grip with a double stack magazine inside.

On the Comp-Tac website page describing this holster, they say:
Please note: this method of carry is not recommended for very large guns.
While the G23 may not be a "very large" gun, I think it is pushing the limit for appendix carry.

I'll bet a Glock 27 subcompact would work a lot better.

#4 ·
I wear mine at 1 oclock, but I have the Infidel for my G23. It is a little rough getting my boots one with it, but other than that it works well with me.

I have the same issues you do with the Ctac.

#9 ·
i've carried A-IWB with a c-tac, and the key to being able to bend over and sit for long periods of time is finding the sweet spot. try moving it fore and aft in 1/2" increments. it will take some fiddling to find the spot, but once you do, you can move around, bend over and sit for long periods of time with little-to-no discomfort.

#10 ·
Thanks guys.....

I think I'm leaning towards the last untried holster, just for kicks...the MTAC. It would appear that overall, IWB at 3:30 works best for me...not perfect but good enough and I've heard the MTAC is even better than the CTAC...if that's possible.

#13 ·
I just got my MTAC for my M&P45 on Saturday. I've had a Pro-undercover and held off on another kydex holster because the shirt tab on the PUC was pretty square and it's uncomfortable in the long run. The MTAC is superbly comfortable and tucks in the butt of the pistol, very stable.

#15 ·
Got the MTAC today, moved the front clip all the way down and, well, I won't be wearing my beloved CTAC anymore. The MTAC is undoubtedly the most comfortable IWB holster I've worn. It will only get better as it breaks in so I can say with no hesitation it's a keeper. Great craftsmanship/construction, very stable and secure......what else can I say about it? CompTac scores a home run with this baby.....I will post pics when I get a chance, but I couldn't be happier, seriously.:danceban:

Get you one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.