Need help from XD owners.

This is a discussion on Need help from XD owners. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am an XD newbie, so I feel compelled to ask the quintessential XD newbie question: “What holster!?!?” I have been looking around to find ...

Thread: Need help from XD owners.

Need help from XD owners.

I am an XD newbie, so I feel compelled to ask the quintessential XD newbie question: “What holster!?!?”

I have been looking around to find one that I like. I have also used the search function to try to find this holster, but haven’t found any threads. If a thread exists on this particular holster already than go ahead and bust my chops.

I am thinking about this one.

Does any one have any experience with this particular holster or this website?
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

2. Remove Ads

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

My I use a supertuck for my XD. It all depends on your body type and how you want to carry. I have looked at that holster before but i decided on something else.
    One word of advice is I wouldn't order springfieldxdstore.com you can find that holster someplace else as that store buys there products from someone else. I have had a bad experience with them checking out, and the worst shipping time.
    Good luck
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I carry my XD45 compact in a Dakota Defender from K&D Holsters. K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories
    Or an Eagle Defender for outside the waist band carry. You can't go wrong with any of Kevin's products.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    You've asked the proverbial $64,000 question. It does not just apply to XD users, but all had gun users. You will probably go through several before you find "The One". The link you put up looks nice. You just won't kno wether it wears as well as it looks till you get it and try it out.

I've got a Crossbreed QwikClip on order. Should be here in a week or so. I also have a OWB Don Hume that I like really well. Picked it up from Pistolgear.com. I also got a Glaco IWB, which works, but not as well as I would like, hence going with the Crossbreed. The Crossbreed gets high marks from users.

A nice thing about the XD's is that if a holster fits one model, it almost always will work for other models. I have a .45 service and a 9mm subcompact. Both work in the Hume and Glaco.

If you haven't already, check out XDTalk.com, that's a good place to get input of holsters for XD's, as well as other questions answered.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Crossbreed or CTAC M-Tac seems to be the two most popular on XDTalk.com

I have the MTac Minotaur and love it.

We have our whole live for the XD. The one you are looking at in the post up top is a Desantis . Ours has more bells and whistles. Tail Gunner W/Straps

Take care
    Justin
    Last edited by High Noon; March 9th, 2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: add words
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

I have a blackhawk serpa for winter / outside waistband carry and a C-TAC for summer / inside waistband.

Try a variety of holsters and see what works for you, some people prefer leather some prefer kydex etc
    First rule of a gunfight: Carry a gun

Lately I’ve been carrying my XD9SC in a Highnoon Mr. Softy appendix style, super easy to get a hold of quickly. Also carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck. The Crossbreed is very comfortable and I am able to carry my XD45 service in it as well.

EW3
    I'll throw in my $0.02 here:

Inside The Waistband:

Crossbreed SuperTuck

Over The Waistband:

UBG Regulator

You can't go wrong with either; they are both very good and I own both.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I am currently carrying my XD40SC in a DeSantis Cozy Partner, but only until my Dakota Defender shows up from Kevin at K&D. Yesterday marked 20 weeks so hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer. When it comes in, I will post pic's and a review.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

I highly recommend the CrossBreed Super Tuck.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Since no one has mentioned it yet... How about a smartcarry? It's really the only holster I ever use for it, at least until I get a decent belt for my M-Tac. I carry my XD45c in the smartcarry all the time. It's very comfortable and fairly easy to draw from once you get used to it. Only problem I have is that I can't draw while buckled up in a car. You also don't have to worry about printing no matter which way you bend or turn.

Thanks for all your help.
    I ordered a Crossbreed Super Tuck and cant wait to get my paws on it!
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Links