Holsterless carry

This is a discussion on Holsterless carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by highvoltage Wow, this thread started almost 4 years ago. I just read through this whole thread and all I can say is ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Holsterless carry

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Wow, this thread started almost 4 years ago.
    I just read through this whole thread and all I can say is "wow" too. Beyond dumb.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, I just now noticed that this is an old thread that someone resurrected. Anyway, for anyone considering holsterless carry, read this:
    Man killed by his own concealed weapon | Richmond Times-Dispatch

sgb
    If you carry without a holster you are a negligent discharge waiting to happen.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think they need to make a MOC holster for plumbers,the middle of crack holster would serve2 purposes carry a firearm concealed and hide the plumbers crack from public viewing.I see a win win shituation here.Seriously there are reports of people carrying unholstered and grabbing a gun as it was slipping and shooting themselves in sensitive areas
    There is your millions!!!! We all know plumbers have lots of cash

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    I do not know how people feel about it, but I have been doing it now for about a month and love it. I can make minute adjustments without the hassle of trying to get that holster to slide also. Then there is the times you need to move your holster slightly for comfort but can not because of a stupid belt loop. Also when I am walking, I can put it on my right side, then when I drive, just move it to cross draw. Forget all the $ spent on holsters that do just one thing, hold it right where you put it and not where you need it. dangerous? I don't think so because the belt still protects the trigger. Slipping? Not for me. Just keep my belt tight. I am a plumber and carpenter so I move into a lot of positions and have no trouble with it slipping at all. maybe all this holster thing is just someones idea to make money on something not needed (Bottled water?)
    DANGER mouse is the right name...

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Seems silly to me to carry without a holster when you could buy something like a Remora for $25 and be much safer, and probably more comfortable.

Take a look at the Dale Fricke Holsters Zach holster. This "holster" covers the trigger only, with a nylon cord wrapped around your belt, will remove the Zach as you draw your handgun. About the only way I will ever consider carrying Mexican!

Administrator
    This is quite an old forum thread that has been resurrected. So don't expect a reply from Danger Mouse. His last forum activity was February 12th, 2009.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have a mic holster that I use every once in a while and it works great as long as you have an anchor point

Easiest way to solve this debate is Glockteck's MIC Holster. I have one for the Glock 36 and Glock 30. I carry this way several times a week. Mostly for quick trips or pants/shorts that dont want to work with my holster/belt combos. I wouldn't own a Glock without one of these tools/holsters. micholster.jpg

I used to carry without a holster, but find the weapon is much more secure with one. The current one I have is not very good, so I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck. I am waiting for it to come in as it has only been a week or so. From research I did I found a good holster is just as important as a good pistol for most people.

Distinguished Member
    Remora... All the convenience and flexibility of "Mexican carry" without the safety concerns and slipping.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Had a friend that was a part time "bail officer" that would go get jumpers and he always, against my advice, carried his G27 in the small of his back in the waistband, round chambered.
    Then finally my prediction came unfortunately true, he chased a guy through a house and in the back yard the guy picked up a shovel and drew it back and supercop bail guy went to draw his G27, grabbed it apparently with finger in trigger guard and boom, no, after 6 months off, hin new name is" leadass" and has 2 butt cracks, one sotra sideways from a Giold Dot HP, and it can't be used for crapping.
    To each their own and as much as I am hooked on the Glock crack, holster or Glock trigger block if round in chamber is my rule.

BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

GH
    I know another Milwaukee PD cop that carries his M&P 40 appendix inside without a holster off duty. I set him straight. He's also an E-6 in the Army Reserve & I'm a retired E-8 so that was tantamount to an order, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links