holster questions for the women here

This is a discussion on holster questions for the women here within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New job means different wardrobe completely. I'm talking office job and skirts or slacks and blouses and blazers. Ankle holster is not my favorite carry ...

Thread: holster questions for the women here

Member Array carry for protection's Avatar

New job means different wardrobe completely. I'm talking office job and skirts or slacks and blouses and blazers. Ankle holster is not my favorite carry option and not going to work with a knee length shirt.

I'm thinking I can sew a pouch inside the waist of my slacks and shirts but I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on the type of material best suited for this. Looking for something functional and comfortable along with ease of draw and conceal ability. Am I asking too much???

I like to carry at 4:00 but can get by with 2:00. Not a fan of 6:00 (SOB) position for obvious reasons. At the 2:00 position I can "blend in" my firearm with my cell phone.

I'm also open to other suggestions of carry on my person while in the office.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar

Women's carry

You might want to check out Cornered Cat. She has a lot of information with respect to women's carry issues.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Senior Moderator
    I assume from your avatar that you carry a PPK. Is that correct?

A PPK is not a heavy gun and when it comes to deep concealment in women's dress clothing, light is best.

If worst comes to worst you can thigh carry. I doubt anyone will be paying too closely of attention to your thighs when the S is Hing TF and you are drawing your gun.

When I worked in an office (the first year of my concealed carry life) I carried a Colt Mustang (not much larger, or heavier than the PPK) and I carried 4:00 in a clip on IWB holster. I could clip it on the inside of any skirt or slacks because the gun was light enough it would not pull on my clothes making it uncomfortable.

I never did any kind of appendix carry because bending over or even sitting in my office chair would make the gun dig into my stomach making it very uncomfortable.

On some occasions (especially if presenting in a suite) I would wear a shoulder holster. It was very comfortable for sitting all day and quite concealable.

For something as light as the PPK you could easily get away with a nylon or something softer on the skin. Perhaps a suede leather.

Smart carry is certainly an option if you would prefer though I never tried it myself (yet).

Sponsored Links