Please answer some very basic questions.

This is a discussion on Please answer some very basic questions. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been experimenting with a variety of locally available holsters with little success. Yes, if I am on my farm wearing my everyday attire, ...

Thread: Please answer some very basic questions.

I have been experimenting with a variety of locally available holsters with little success. Yes, if I am on my farm wearing my everyday attire, I am quite concealed..who can't hide a gun under coveralls and flannel shirts?. However nothing seems to quite fit my work attire, nor for that matter, my casual attire. I am aware that changing my entire wardrobe and style of dress is certainly an option, though not likely.

How does the average size 18-20 woman conceal her weapon(s)? From the toddlers, from the hugging family/friend, while exercising, cooking, running various pieces of equipment (tractor, horse drawn stuff, riding the horse), while servicing equipment, and during life in general without wearing a vest or jacket?

Shoulder holster is great while deer hunting, but it doesn't really conceal the gun (even my small ones).

Wasitband holsters are great for small game hunting and while working around the house, but....well, they just don't hide the gun, no matter what "o-clock" they are placed at...and when in front of the body are a hinderance when bending over the sink or picking up the children or mounting the horse or working on the tractor or driving.

What's your advice?

I recommend that you consider an IWB (inside the waistband) holster. I wear the CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe. You might find something to suit you at CrossBreed Holsters, Innovative holsters for concealed carry-1911-Glock-HK-Sig-Taurus-Kimber-Springfield-Colt-XD. Good luck!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of those fanny pack holsters, maybe? I've seen people who were able to draw from one of those pretty darn quick.

-JT

Senior Moderator
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

gg12 What is your usual carry gun? It might enable people to give you some better ideas if we know what you carry.

Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    gg12 What is your usual carry gun? It might enable people to give you some better ideas if we know what you carry.
    Very true...if you're trying to conceal a .50AE Desert Eagle, yer on yer own!

-JT

I have a J frame 38 revolver who's manufacturer I cannot remember at the moment. No frills or tricked out anything on it.

Thank you for the information, and thanks to the lady who has the smart carry thread, I wish I had her figure....mine's a bit.....umm... fluffier. Strapping the gun to the area below my umbilicus is going to make it the first thing that enters the room-if you get the idea.

"First thing that enters the room..."
    That would be me with appendix carry!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Perhaps a Special purse from Coronado Leather?
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Very true...if you're trying to conceal a .50AE Desert Eagle, yer on yer own!

-JT
    Years ago I took a defensive pistol class and some num-nut brought a .50 cal Desert Eagle to use on the course. When he first showed up he acted like Mr. know it all tuff guy. He could barely control the weapon and proved himself to be an overall nincompoop.

Anyways……...back on track.

Total concealment 100% of the time will be impossible. There will be the rare occasion when you get made. We have to minimize that as much as possible. The deeper a weapon is concealed the harder it is to gain quick access. I belong to a spiritual fellowship where plutonic hugging is the norm. I try to be the low hugger, but more than a few people have inadvertently placed there hand on my weapon, it happens.

Changing your wardrobe a bit may be a good idea. I used to wear tight t-shirts (back in my Army days when I was in much better shape!), but switched to button down dress shirts left un-tucked.

+1 on the IWB. Check out the advertisers links. Crossbreed super tuck seems to be a favorite around here. I just ordered one my self.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

VIP Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

+1 on the Cornered Cat. She has an excellent thread on femanin concealment.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    + 1 for Smartcarry. Your mileage may very well vary, as you are a member of the fairer sex.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    I have a J frame 38 revolver who's manufacturer I cannot remember at the moment. No frills or tricked out anything on it.

Thank you for the information, and thanks to the lady who has the smart carry thread, I wish I had her figure....mine's a bit.....umm... fluffier. Strapping the gun to the area below my umbilicus is going to make it the first thing that enters the room-if you get the idea.
    I am on the fluffy side myself, and I love my smartcarry. might be something you look into. My upper half is an 18-20, and the smartcarry fits well and I have very little problem with it. once in a while I get a pinch, but I just readjust and move on. I have no problems with bending or picking things up. I have chickens to feed and a big dog, no horses though . I carry a Kimber Pro Aegis II four inch barrel and I enjoy every moment of it. Not sure what else I can tell you.

TDPalmer

Sponsored Links