Belt recommendations?

Belt recommendations?

This is a discussion on Belt recommendations? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I've got my new Para on the way, and my Milt Sparks VM2 will be here any day now. Since those sucked my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belt recommendations?

Belt recommendations?

Hi all,
    I've got my new Para on the way, and my Milt Sparks VM2 will be here any day now. Since those sucked my wallet dry, I'm looking for a decent belt for a good price and preferably something I won't have to wait too long for. Sounds like Beltman is a widely used brand on the forum, but it looks like that's going to cost me close to 100 bucks, along with over a month of waiting. I'm not trying to skimp on the belt quality considering I am 2/3 of the way to a great rig already, just looking for alternatives. Any suggestions for a cheaper brand of similar quality? (maybe some that aren't each custom made). or should i just spring for the popular brand?
    thanks

VIP Member
    I'm in the minority on the belt issue but I really like the Galco Contour. This has been an excellent belt!

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

It's available in the $80.00 range on line.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Nate at UBG makes belts for under 100. I have no information about the belts, but his holsters come highly recommended.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

DM Bullard has some great belts IN STOCK for $65. Premium Hermann Oaks leather, roller buckles, double stitched. Nice guy too.

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Check out the Beltman's double-width bullhide. Very stable, good looking belts, good price, about three weeks to delivery. I have two and love 'em.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Check out the Beltman's double-width bullhide. Very stable, good looking belts, good price, about three weeks to delivery. I have two and love 'em.
    +1 on the beltman. He's one of those rare people out there that under-promises and over-delivers. I have 2 of his.

V8
    Well either I'm cheap, ignorant or both but so far I like this one.

5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 59501-109 1.5

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I think you should look at the Beltman. I have two of his belts as well. If you can't afford one - wait and save, they are worth it. Great support for any holster.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I'm in the minority on the belt issue but I really like the Galco Contour. This has been an excellent belt!

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

It's available in the $80.00 range on line.
    I agree. Nice, sturdy, looks like a normal belt. I use a 1.25" and it supports the P7M8 perfectly.

I have two Beltman belts - one in bullhide and the other in elephant. Both came in two or three weeks. Give Jim a call as he may have something in your size and delivery parameters - may be a color trade off.

Get a Wilderness 5 stitch and should cost less than $40.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    If you're flat broke, check out the Wilderness Instructors 5 stitch belt. I have one & it works well.

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

I've also heard good things about the Looper kydex reinforced belt. I've never tried one but heard they're decent.

Looper Reinforced Holster Belt

All in all, you'd probably be best served with a Belt Man. You might need to save for a while, but from what I've heard you can't go wrong. It will be my next belt, in Horsehide (thinner, stronger than cowhide). Also, you gotta think about something else...you can't get a 1911, VMII & put them on a crummy belt.

I'm a great fan of the Liger belt. Got mine in less than a week from Knifeworks
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

I posted this on another thread, it belongs here....

I went to an Amish community not far from here and found the local harness shop. These guys make everything from scratch. I took off my store bought belt and give it to the harness maker and asked can you make a good heavy belt this size? He says sure, gets out a roll of black leather. It was smooth on one side and rough on the other. Took out a tool and sliced off a 1&1/2" strip and proceded to make it in about ten minutes. He was thinning it down a bit but I asked him to leave it thick, it's 3/16"thick leather with a nice brass roller buckle. It has snaps so you can change buckle if you want, I like the brass though. Cost was $10 around ten or twelve years ago. I had it made for a work belt but it sure is a nice gun belt. It will not roll over even with my belly. If you live near any Amish I would check it out.

ok thanks for all the help guys, I guess a high quality beltman is the way to go. Like bluelineman said, I don't want to end up with a new 1911, a VM2, and a saggy belt because i wanted to save a few bucks. I was also considering the 5.11 that V8 suggested above, which is only 28 bucks and says it's strengthened for a sidearm. I guess i'll order the beltman though. I'll just have to go digging in the backyard and break into my armageddon money reserves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links