Initial Crossbreed Review

Initial Crossbreed Review

This is a discussion on Initial Crossbreed Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received my Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD45 yesterday and wanted to post a little review. My "trigger pulling" moment was when I called Crossbreed ...

Thread: Initial Crossbreed Review

Thumbs up Initial Crossbreed Review

Just received my Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD45 yesterday and wanted to post a little review.

My "trigger pulling" moment was when I called Crossbreed and asked if it would work for ANY XD firearm (including subcompacts as I plan to add a subcompact to my XD stable) and was assured that it would. I really try to avoid having to buy holsters for each of my carry weapons as when I get attached to one, I tend to not like to have to switch between carry positions, etc. for different setups.

The good: Upon opening the package, I was thrilled to see not only the holster and extra clips that I ordered, but a full set of instructions (including how to adjust the kydex for retention) and warranty info. Often when you order from a smaller company, you get what you ordered and that's it. Not being a patient one, I immediately went inside and checked the fit of my primary-carry XD45. Perfect. I put on a pair of jeans to see how everything fit and if I'd had to go up a size to carry comfortably - a little snug but definitely wearable. If I was carrying a 1911 - no problem. Bottom line: I won't be buying more jeans. I walked around with the holster empty and loaded for a while, with and without an undershirt and I can honestly say, this is one comfortable holster, even with the leather backing against the skin. I only printed VERY slightly when i was wearing a very thin white t-shirt which I would NEVER wear as out "outer shirt." My wife didn't even notice. With a normal outer shirt, even a heavy Tshirt, I doubt I'd print at all, at least noticeably (that is to say, any more than a cell phone on a belt clip would). Draw and replace is very smooth and I don't see the need in adjusting the kydex.

The Bad: Other than the initial order confirmation email, there was not shipping notification and the order took about 5 days longer than the advertised 2 weeks. I would have really appreciated a shipping notification. Before anyone says it, I know this is a small outfit and when I called to check on my order, they were able to give me shipping status so I can't hold this against them.

Bottom line: Assuming the quality of the holster doesn't change and, if it does, Mark stands by his product the way I've heard he does and all the included paperwork says, I would recommend ANYONE to pick one of these up. Great service, great product. Thanks!

Andy

Glad to hear it. I love mine too.

Got mine yesterday as well. So far so good.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Dagnabbit! Nobody else is allowed to talk about their Crossbreed until I get mine!

-JT

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Well you wife not noticing is called .......... being taken for granted....just kidding....good review........I guess I had better order one today and get in line.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

I love my two Supertucks. I like everything about them:

- Big comfortable leather back that conforms to your hip to feel like a second skin.

- Kydex gun mold that makes reholstering easy and gives me peace of mind that the trigger is protected.

- Adjustable cant for the perfect angle on any body.

- Overall thinness of the rig for concealability.

- Lifetime warranty on workmanship

I guess it's just about the perfect holster! I also like supporting a Christian business, call me crazy but I just do.

Good choice buddy - Take care

I've got two as well one for my Kahr K40 and on for my Glock 26 both with the combat cut. The one for the Glock is the horse hide and i like it a lot it is a bit stiffer but to me it seems more comfortable. I also bought an Ohai to mount in the car and to use in my tactical man/bug out bag.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

Sponsored Links