Positive experience - HighNoon

This is a discussion on Positive experience - HighNoon within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is certainly a lot of Negative information here about custom holster manufacturers (most of it Justified, from what I can tell)... And I know ...

Thread: Positive experience - HighNoon

Positive experience - HighNoon

There is certainly a lot of Negative information here about custom holster manufacturers (most of it Justified, from what I can tell)... And I know the squeeky wheel gets the grease... So I figured I'd try and ballance things out and post about my recent experience with High Noon Holsters.

I found them on the list here, and when I searched, I found nothing that put me off, so I gave them a call.

Now, I do admit, I DID give them a "slow pitch" in that I made it easy for them. I told the guy who answered the phone that I wanted one of two models and that if one had a better availability, I woud go that way. He checked and they actually had one of my choices in stock. (all the better in that I was asking for a Left Handed version)

So 4 days after I called, I am wearing it on my hip. Fabulous product; fair price; and better yet, IN my hands.

- Just thought I'd share.

BTW: no pics yet, my wife is out of town with the digi-cam. I'll post them in a few days when she gets back.

2. Remove Ads

About the same thing happen when I ordered online from High noon. They listed the IWB holster for my Walther PPKs as in stock and sure enough, it arrived within 7 days.

Good quality, and workmanship and the only thing I had to do is let the pistol set overnight wrapped in wax paper. The next day the holster fit like a glove.

Administrator

Thumbs up

They craft a very fine holster.
    Congrats on your high quality holster.
    Wear it in good health.

Just remember this though.
    Since you're a South Paw...if you try to find a holster that's RIGHT for you...you'll always need to take the one that's LEFT.

You know...
    I've seen that second (in my post) dancing bananna on a few sites, but the first one is new to me... I must say; that thing's a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Since you're a South Paw...
    Actually, I'm not. I just like carrying a reversed holster in anything past about the 4-o'clock position. And I usually carry either just shy of 6:00 (with my small carry in dress-cloths) or about 4:30 (with my 1911 and my Blackberry providing cover for any unsightly buldges... which works great, BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    The next day the holster fit like a glove.
    Yeah, mine is just a bit tighter than I would consider "perfect", but better that, then too loose. And I'm sure it will break-in to just about perfect.

There was, what I thought to be, a small blemish on the protective flap. But when I put my 1911 into the holster for the first time, I realized that they had taken into account the location of the hammer of a cocked 1911 and molded an indent for it. - Nice touch from somebody who apparently understands their customers and how they will be using their products.

Glad you like it Fozzy. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care
    Alex

Very good work! I got a slide guard, a bare asset, belt and mag pouch within the last month. What model did you get?
    These will spend many years on my side comfortably!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I got the tail gunner. It was my second choice, as I didn't see the need for the extra flap, but it doesn't hurt either... It MIGHT actually be helping...

And all things being equal, I probably would have just got the basic cow-hide, but I was willing to pay the extra for horsehide if it meant I didn't have to wait for weeks and weeks... and the one in stock was horsehide, so I paid the extra money. Of course now that I have it in my hand, I DO really like the material. So I'm galad it worked out that way.

And, just to mention it... It took about 4 days for it to break in to the point where the fit is what I wanted. - Not bad, really.

Lead Moderator
    Glad to hear you guy like High noon holsters. I may have to order one once I get my next pistol.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I used HNHs till I started making my own. Very good products.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

When I IWB its in a High noon, great holster.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

They make a decent product. They do have some stock items now from time to time have something sitting in stock that is usually only built when ordered. I've been satisfied with their products and service in the past.

Links