Hyde Glyde slow or no shipping

This is a discussion on Hyde Glyde slow or no shipping within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I asked for some information on a couple of products to make a holster a bit slicker without harming it or making it softer. I ...

I asked for some information on a couple of products to make a holster a bit slicker without harming it or making it softer. I can't remember what the first suggestion was but I had trouble finding a place to order it from. I was able to find the guy that sells Hyde Glyde without any trouble. That was back on February 22nd. I sent the money plus shipping via PayPal to rusty@c-rusty.com on the 24th of February. A little over a week ago I asked him if he had shipped it and he replied "Hi; No problem, just old and slow. I do apologize. I will ship tomorrow. Thank you Rusty" I got this on the 6th of March and still don't have the product I paid for. So if you all are thinking about getting something for your holster, I say forget it unless you can find someone more trustworthy.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Actually I found a much better product and it's available from Brownells or the manufacturer, called KG Micro-PTFE Leather Kote. I use it on both the inside/exterior of my holsters and on my belts. You ever have a problem getting a new or thick belt to go thru a holster loop put some of this one and it will slide right thru. Alex Nossar of Nossar Gunleather told me to use this. Excellent stuff!!

If it slides that easily is it possible for your holster to slide around on your belt instead of remaining where you set it

Administrator
    Thanks for the heads up ridurall.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Good Public Service Announcement........just as important to know who not to deal with as to know who to deal with.

Thks.

did ya try Galco Draw-ez ... I have used it ... not cheap like $8 for an ounce ..
    makes the inside just slick enough and soft enough for EZ Draw ( pun intended )
    without any hangups or making it to slick that your retention is messed up

Well perhaps I jumped the gun on getting so mad. I just picked up my Hyde Glyde in todays mail. While he didn't send it when he said he would it did get here. I'll write a report on it after trying it.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If it slides that easily is it possible for your holster to slide around on your belt instead of remaining where you set it
    No, it won't slide on the belt at all, it just allows the belt to just slide right thru the loops (or gun into holster). Been using it for over a year with zero problems. I have a full bottle of hyde glide just sitting here since I found this stuff.

I have used it for at least 2 years with zero problems. I use it when the holster is too tight, and it smooths the draw considerably.

I find it essentially the same as Leather Lightning and it is a LOT cheaper.

I also use it on the belt loops without any problem of the holster moving.

Best,
    Jerry

Links