More Crossbreed love...Concealing a 1911 (Picture intensive) - Page 4

More Crossbreed love...Concealing a 1911 (Picture intensive)

This is a discussion on More Crossbreed love...Concealing a 1911 (Picture intensive) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Love mine. It arrived a couple days ago. So, I am still playing with it. Very comfortable....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Love mine. It arrived a couple days ago. So, I am still playing with it. Very comfortable.

Got mine today!

My SR9 is a little loose if I'm not wearing the holster, but when it's in my waistband, it's niiiice and snug.

Simple design, but effective, and I'm very much attracted to that. I got the J-clips, too, just to have options. I've only worn it a little bit so far, but nice and comfy. I feel it there, but it's not cumbersome or annoying at all. I've gotta feeling that after I monkey around with the clip placement, I'll be able to completely forget about it.

The smell IS weird...but familiar. Like cured seaweed or some fishy ingredient from Japanese cuisine.

Since I'm part Japanese, the smell is no bother to me at all

Thanks, Mark!

-JT

PS - If I get to feelin' squirrelly later, I'll post some pics of the holster and my SR9. I haven't seen many...if any...pics of a SR9 with a decent holster.

i orderd one for my Taurus millenium PT145 about a week and a half ago and i absolutely cannot wait to get it...after hearing and reading so many good things about them and seeing how they fit and concealed so well.

Been wearing mine now for about a month.Kinda forget its there sometimes.

I'm definitely going to have to experiment more with mine. Comfort is not an issue at all...my concern is possible printing. My Ruger is pretty much full size, and I'm worried the bottom of the grip may be prone to printing.

However, the OP is sporting a full-size 1911 with little problem. I may try the clip set up he's using.

-JT

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I'm definitely going to have to experiment more with mine. Comfort is not an issue at all...my concern is possible printing. My Ruger is pretty much full size, and I'm worried the bottom of the grip may be prone to printing.

However, the OP is sporting a full-size 1911 with little problem. I may try the clip set up he's using.

-JT
    Try adding some cant, more cant almost always equals less printing of the grip. You might also try moving it a bit forward or back, you should find a "Sweet Spot" where it will pull in a bit tighter.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

-JT
    A full sized 1911 with an extended base pad, I might add.

As Mark said, you will have to play with the cant a bit. Spend some time in front of the mirror trying out different configurations and you'll soon find one that works for you.

Keep in mind that it's not all about cant, though. You may have to adjust the height that your gun rides as well. For instance, I have big hip bones so I have to move up a hole from the bottom to get my 1911 over my hip bone.

On a side note, when comparing the Supertuck to other similar designs, keep in mind when you start adding more layers of leather for "comfort", you are also adding thickness and LESS concealability to the holster. The Supertuck is very very comfortable. No irritation from any metal parts, even on bare skin, which I do a lot. You do NOT feel th hardware, trust me, I have two Supertucks for two different guns.

In short, an additional layer of "Protective material" is a solution looking for a problem.

Thanks for the tips, Mark and Herz. I think I need to play around with height and belt position. I think I've got the cant adjusted pretty well, but of course I can't tell for sure until everything else locks in.

I've got over 40-miles to drive to work each day...I thought the thing would start bugging the crap out of me during the drive. Amazingly, as the miles went by, it actually got more comfortable. Granted, I was aware it was there...no way around that...but it wasn't cumbersome, painful, or uncomfortable at all.

And this on the first day.

I likey.

-JT

How does the crossbreed compare to the M-tac?

What is the Combat Grip option on the Super-Tuck? Less leather it says but I am not sure what that means. I sure do not want a 1911 digging into me. What is ommitted from the regular to the Combat option.?
    It looks like it is just trimmed a lil closer to expose more of the grip?
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

options

here's the link, they explain all the options.

I just ordered two of these on Saturday. One for my Para Ord.7.45 LDA and another for my Taurus PT99AF. I can not wait to receive them. I have about 15 different holsters, and have read so much about the crossbreeds, that I just had to try them. I already have a couple of Galco's that work nice, but I believe that the crossbreeds will have more comfort.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    What is the Combat Grip option on the Super-Tuck? Less leather it says but I am not sure what that means. I sure do not want a 1911 digging into me. What is ommitted from the regular to the Combat option.?
    The link Jackle1886 likely explains it better, but you're correct...leather is trimmed, exposing more of the grip. However, I think there's a sacrifice in carry comfort for ability to acquire a more secure grip.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    I don't have any problem getting a good grip with the standard Suprertuck. I certainly wouldn't jeopardize any of the comfort of my holster for the combat grip. I get a full grip just fine on mine.

My CrossBreed SuperTuck arrived last Friday. It is everything they say it is. I like it a lot.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links