Alessi Guardian

This is a discussion on Alessi Guardian within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pictures of Lou's holsters are hard to find on the web. Does anyone have a pic of their (or someone elses) Alessi Guardian? I am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alessi Guardian

Alessi Guardian

Pictures of Lou's holsters are hard to find on the web. Does anyone have a pic of their (or someone elses) Alessi Guardian?

I am still considering a muzzle up holster and just became aware of the Alessi model.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    You could email Lou himself. He sent me a few pics of some I had questions about.

LFAlessi@cs.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    You could email Lou himself. He sent me a few pics of some I had questions about.

LFAlessi@cs.com
    I did already, just thought I'd throw it up and see if anything sticks.

What kind of pics are you looking for exactly? Just all around shots of the holster or carry shots. Let me know and I'll take 'em tonight.

I will say that I really like this holster. I picked it up on a whim as I didn't really see myself carrying my j frame in a shoulder setup, but I keep grabbing it when I hit the door.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by swinkster View Post
    What kind of pics are you looking for exactly? Just all around shots of the holster or carry shots. Let me know and I'll take 'em tonight.

I will say that I really like this holster. I picked it up on a whim as I didn't really see myself carrying my j frame in a shoulder setup, but I keep grabbing it when I hit the door.

Thanks. If you could a carry shot of the holster and the back harness, any others would be great also. I spoke with Lou and he only had an old catalog pic that wasn't so great. He was working on two of the and said he would take pics when done.

The only pic I know of on the Internet is the small indistinct one on RF Hunting's site.

I have two of Lou's Guardian rig, one for a Smith 649 and another for the Ruger SP101. (It's built solely for revolvers.) Although lesser known than Lou's Bodyguard shoulder rig, it's a very comfortable rig that permits excellent concealment and comfort, with only marginally-slower access to the weapon, as compared to the pull-through snap version of the Bodyguard, due to employment of a thumb-break variation, which is nonetheless better and more natural in its release than typuical thumb-breaks found on traditional "horizontal" shoulder rigs.
    Like all of Lou's rigs, the Guardian shows excellent thought and intuition in its design, as well as top-notch materials and construction. Its harness is the same as that for the Bodyguard, and it's therefore a "balanced" rig, with offside speedloader pouch(es) or a pouch for loose rounds, unlike the other "butt-down" single revolver shoulder rigs like those from Ken Null and C. Rusty Sherrick.
    Humani nihil alienum

Ok here it goes. Let me first say I am not trying for the "Oh I am so huge I can't hold my arms parallel to my sides" look, I am just trying to show the holster

I wear it pretty tight as most of jackets are from TAD Gear and are pretty form fitting. The straps are very comfortable and conform well to the body. I really like the way the holster retains the gun so even with the thumb snap open there is no way the gun can fall out. You have to roll the gun out on the draw, which is actually very natural in the draw stroke. I primarily carry it with the twin speedloader pouch as it is worn under a heavier jacket right now, but the optional bullet pouch does streamline things and makes concealment under a unbuttoned shirt an option. Hope this helps.

Nice pics, Swinkster, kind of you to post 'em.
    FWIW, it's Lou's design intent that the holster be worn considerably higher than your pics show, making the muzzle sit right up in front of the armpit.
    Humani nihil alienum

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    I did already, just thought I'd throw it up and see if anything sticks.
    I wish he'd go ahead & get a website going. He probably has plenty enough business & doesn't want any more though.

I know Lightning Arms has a few of his holsters available (with pics), but not all of them.

It took me a long time to remember this site for Uncle Lou's stuff.
    http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/default.asp
    Regards, Richard

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Nice pics, Swinkster, kind of you to post 'em.
    FWIW, it's Lou's design intent that the holster be worn considerably higher than your pics show, making the muzzle sit right up in front of the armpit.
    My problem is I have already run out of adjustment holes and have a good amount of excess leather strap hanging out.

Thumbs up Swinkster,

Thanks for taking the time to take the pics. It looks like a comfortable ride. Since you have been wearing it do you have any pros or cons about this holster? It seems like a lot of leather for an Airweight but that is the nicest muzzle up I've seen. I have to ask Lou if he can make it as a solo rig with a wrap strap around the support side instead of a tie down with the pouches.

Hi swinkster;
    You can get a leather punch (available at Tandy and craft stores) and make your own extra holes if needs be, though Lou makes is rigs with pretty broad adjustment capabilities IME, especially with all four straps to work with in making said adjustments.
    Humani nihil alienum

semperfi.45, now that we have pictures of the rig you want, it is time to ask if you have ever tried a shoulder holster rig? Why do I ask? I flat out do not care for shoulder holster rigs. I find that the handgun slips backwards out of reach while driving or sitting in a car. An unnamed leather guru shares my feelings. Regards, Richard

I have and I like them. I am looking for more in the lines of a deep concealment like the Null SKR (lightweight for the Airweight) but custom leather is just so darn addicting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links