Wilderness Instructor Belt C.S.M

Wilderness Instructor Belt C.S.M

This is a discussion on Wilderness Instructor Belt C.S.M within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did a quick search and couldn't really find the answer, so here goes...... I'm looking for people who have a Wilderness Instructor Belt with the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crucible

Thread: Wilderness Instructor Belt C.S.M

Question Wilderness Instructor Belt C.S.M

Did a quick search and couldn't really find the answer, so here goes......

I'm looking for people who have a Wilderness Instructor Belt with the Custom Shooters Model (C.S.M). It's only a few $$ more than the 5-stitch................is it worth it? Is the added stiffness too stiff?

Anyone know the width of the "Wilderness Ring Belt"? Also, what's the diff between the "Ring Belt" and the "Frequent Flyer" (1.5" width)version? Both are the same price and they look like they have the same type of buckle.

Thanks for the help.

I have a 1.75" Blackhawk Instructor's Belt and I think it is too stiff for EDC. I wear it on the range when I'm teaching or under my duty belt where it shines.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have the Wilderness Instructor 1.5" with CSM. It is no thicker than a double-width leather gun belt. I use the Wilderness for IDPA and it does a great job of holding up a Balckhawk paddle holster for my SIG P220 and a Fobus double mag paddle carrier. I have never really tried it for IWB carry, though, I will admit.

I think my Beltman leather is more comfortable (even thick as it is, it does a better job of contouring to me), but the Wilderness CSM is by no means uncomfortable.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin21 View Post

I'm looking for people who have a Wilderness Instructor Belt with the Custom Shooters Model (C.S.M). It's only a few $$ more than the 5-stitch................is it worth it? Is the added stiffness too stiff?

Anyone know the width of the "Wilderness Ring Belt"? Also, what's the diff between the "Ring Belt" and the "Frequent Flyer" (1.5" width)version? Both are the same price and they look like they have the same type of buckle.

Thanks for the help.
    Wierd, you just asked the exact thing i was going too...I have the web site open in another screen. I want to get away from the leather for EDC because it squeaks aginst the Kydex clips. I like the Rings because it atl east looks like a std belt and not some "Duty" rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin21 View Post

Thanks for the help.
    Truthfully I don't notice much of a difference between a 5 stitch and a CSM I have once they are tightened against my waist/firearm. I'm sure it does help some, but the 5 stitch works so well normally it's tough to distinguish.

The CSM is a bit harder to put on getting through the belt loops, and you won't be able to do things like curl it up in a ball; even hanging it up it won't hang completely straight down.

Both do what they do very well indeed however.

YMMV of course.

IIRC, the Frequent Flyer belt uses Delrin (a hard plastic) for the rings instead of metal. (I have two of those belts too; they work fine for me.) Both belts can be ordered in different widths, but most "normal" belt loops won't take a belt larger than 1.5" in my experience. 1.5" is plenty for any one of the Wildrness belts.

The great thing about these belts I really like is thier relative infinite adjustability; with a normal belt, you're limited to specific points one can tighten the belt to.

C-
    hieu nguyen likes this.

very good article for everyone
    Thanks You and God Bless You DefensiveCarry.com

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I believe the ring belt has metal rings and is an earlier design of the frequent flyer which now has the Delrin buckles.

I have the five-stitch belt and it works OK for inside carry of my M&P 9c. I think if my gun were any heavier or for OWB I would want the polymer insert. It is very comfortable and I love the continuous adjustment.

Sponsored Links