Don't do like I did...

Don't do like I did...

This is a discussion on Don't do like I did... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sunday my wife, kiddo & I made a quick run to the grocery store; a very large, very packed HEB. I was in a black ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't do like I did...

Don't do like I did...

Sunday my wife, kiddo & I made a quick run to the grocery store; a very large, very packed HEB. I was in a black t-shirt and cargo shorts. On the way out I grabbed my Kahr PM9 and the well used leather Don Hume IWB and tucked it into the waistband. What was missing was my belt. I didn't think much of it at the time, but after about 15 minutes filling the cart, my elbow hit the gun. That's not right, I thought, and I discretely placed my hand over the gun and the holster & gun fell into my hand fortunately hidden by the t-shirt. SO there I was, hanging onto the bottom of my shirt with about a dozen people right there. I made a quick exit to the restroom and the rig went into the cargo pocket. Not even my wife noticed anything out of the ordinary, thank goodness. But I could have easily been scrambling to pick everything up off the floor.

In examining just what went wrong, I found that a belt is required to keep the holster for walking up and out. The fair sized clip isn't meant to hold onto material: it needs a belt to clip over. I know better now.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Hey, you will only do it ONCE - right???
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Everyone learns from their mistakes..

That had to be an awkward situation though..

AMH
    Lessoned learned.
    Drive on.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    At least you didn't get the "plunk" and "zzzzzzzzzzz". As it hits the floor under your feet, and you kick it across the aisle.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Yup. Could have been a little more exciting! Glad you posted. Reminds me I need to order a holster from you for my 1911. Bummer you can't make one for my Beretta 92 Compact. Maybe I could buy you the mold, if could find one. Did I just hijack my own thread?

I'll bet people were watching you hold your shirt down while waddling to the bathroom thinking "oh boy, somebody had too many burritos!"

Sure could have been much worse...glad it wasn't!

thanks for posting ... haven't had an accident yet but a couple of times in the restroom my holster flipped while pulling down my drawers ... if my holsters had less retention it would have fallen to the hard floor, muzzle upward.

Kinda makes you think.

Lesson: Buy TOP quality gun belts and top quality holsters - they can save ur b-hind when you are fobbling with your gear.

Lead Moderator
    I had my Taurus PT 140 drop out of a vest holster and hit w/ the muzzle pointed my way. Got a holster w/ thumb break after that.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by shavis View Post
    Yup. Could have been a little more exciting! Glad you posted. Reminds me I need to order a holster from you for my 1911. Bummer you can't make one for my Beretta 92 Compact. Maybe I could buy you the mold, if could find one. Did I just hijack my own thread?
    I heartily recommend Nate's work, and don't be too sure he can't make a rig for your 92C. He made a holster for my S&W 39, which he didn't have, using another S&W that he did have as a starting point once I gave him the specs on my gun. It's possible he could make one for you using a regular 92FS mold. Check with him and see. Good luck.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Well, you lucked out this time. Now go and sin no more. We all do things in haste now and then. Good experience in this case---it could have been worse.

Atleast you caught it before it got ugly!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Get thee to the Beltman...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Open carry will alleviate a lot of these issues.........

AMH
    Quote Originally Posted by socuban View Post
    Open carry will alleviate a lot of these issues.........
    ................and create new ones!

I think open carry should be legal, but there are pros and cons to both carry methods.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links