MaxCon V

This is a discussion on MaxCon V within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a MaxCon V from Coal Creek today. It got me to thinking. Since the belt loops can be changed for different size ...

Thread: MaxCon V

MaxCon V

I just ordered a MaxCon V from Coal Creek today. It got me to thinking. Since the belt loops can be changed for different size belts, can they be removed and replaced with Sparks clips? By the way, I ordered a RH for a 5" 1911 and the guy I talked to said they had plenty in stock if anyone else is looking for one. He said they'd get it out tomorrow.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    By doing that you would be changing the things that make the MC such a great rig. Gary designed those loops for a reason and they work. The MC is probably the best IWB made to use while seated especially in a vehicle. The larger rear strap allows the rig to "rock" allowing the access you need to get to you gun in a hurry. Installing clips would IMO turn an excellent rig into a pile of useless junk. If you wanted the clips you should have ordered a Sparks or Alessi Watch 6 which are specifically designed for that purpose.

I understand you have your opinion. I have no doubt that you are absolutely right. However, I'd rather not be lectured by someone I don't even know and whose qualifications I know nothing about. I simply asked a question that has relevance to my particular (occasional) needs and would still appreciate an answer.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gpo1956 View Post
    I understand you have your opinion. I have no doubt that you are absolutely right. However, I'd rather not be lectured by someone I don't even know and whose qualifications I know nothing about. I simply asked a question that has relevance to my particular (occasional) needs and would still appreciate an answer.
    Take it easy.

torrejon224 was not lecturing you at all. I don't get that impression from his post. I believe he was making an honest effort to answer your question.

To address your question, I don't know if the belt loops can be replaced with clips. My suggestion would be to go right to the source and ask Gary Brommeland. I believe if clips were an option, Gary would offer them, and I don't think he does.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I say put the clips on and do an evaluation...then give us a report.
    I own two MCV and choose not to mess with perfection, with if you feel like putting clips on it...do it...you paid your hard earned money for it.
    but please don't get upset when people give there opinion and you don't like it....this is not the forum for that...we are civil here, unlike alot of forums around the net.
    what torrejon said is true, it was designed a certain way for a reason...don't kill the messager
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Lets go back and look at my original post. I asked a simple question. All I'm hearing is how I'm "messing with perfection", or "turning the best IWB holster into a worthless pile of crap". If you don't know the answer, fine, don't answer it. I posted the same question on the 1911 Forum, and out of all the posts, I've had maybe 2 actually try and answer the question. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

1943 - 2009
    Well, we've tried to answer your question in good faith, but for whatever reason, our answers are unacceptable to you, so I'm closing this this thread.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Links