Feature request: holster makers (and Virginians) please read. - Page 3

Feature request: holster makers (and Virginians) please read.

This is a discussion on Feature request: holster makers (and Virginians) please read. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters Greetings folks.... I have been busy with orders and finishing the revisions to a couple IWB designs that I have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
    Greetings folks....

I have been busy with orders and finishing the revisions to a couple IWB designs that I have developed and did not see this thread initiated.

The Mason-Dixon prototype is now a reality. No photos of the new version as of yet, however, it is still a convertible OWB to IWB and vice-versa which should fill the bill for the OP.

To remind folks about the holster: it is a standard OWB pancake with belt slots which include a removable set of leather adapters/risers (which are now shorter and have few height adjustment holes) to which are attached the IWB loops. When attached to the holster these adapters and loops change the OWB into a tuckable IWB with fore and aft belt loops similar to the VMII and others. The holster holds up well to the conversion and could be changed from IWB to OWB in a matter of seconds. The design also allows for ride height adjustment and some degree of cant variability for each user. The down side for the OP is that the user (in this case specifically) would have to have a screw driver handy to remove the adapters.

This holster will sell for $80 (slight increase from the original plan) which nets the user a custom OWB and custom tuckable IWB all in one rig. I hope to have photos within the week for folks to see....otherwise you can find the old prototype photos somewhere on this forum.

Hopefully this is somewhat useful to the OP and any others wanting this type of rig.
    My emphasis above...non-issue for guys. Sorry, but no man should be caught dead without a swiss army knife or other such similar tool in this day and age! Just my thought and I'm stickin to it!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    My emphasis above...non-issue for guys. Sorry, but no man should be caught dead without a swiss army knife or other such similar tool in this day and age! Just my thought and I'm stickin to it!
    Agreed.

This is always with me.

The Second best Christmas present my brother ever bought me.

Do what I did. Go to the source.

I am from VA and maintain a residence there. I am there several times a year and carry daily. I had a few questions, one of which was about mode of carry. I went to my local VA State Police HQ and talked to the Major. He was very helpful, but some of my questions sent him to the filing cabinet. They are the final word on what's kosher and what's not. Just ask.

Ummm... I'd advise against carrying a gun into a State Police facility. Leave the gun in the car and take the holster you want to ask about.

Hope this helps.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    It is not illegal to carry into a VSP building. And while they TRY to be a fountain of correct information, they aren't perfect. The whole legality issue is left to interpretation by a judge or AG. One cops opinion, even a knowledgeable and well informed one, cannot translate to a judge's opinion. It's like trying to compare apples and Klingons.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    ...It's like trying to compare apples and Klingons.

Thanks. ... Now there's coffee all over my keyboard...

but seriously...

That's a good point. I'm in a thread on another forum where a LEO with 12 years experience just gave me advice that is wrong and would most likely get me arrested.

Luckily I have readily available access to a lawyer (in the family)

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Just do the Virginia tuck - untuck the shirt and stuff it behind the gun for instant open carry.
    Hey I thought us Buckeyes invented that...lol, back when we had to open carry in vehicles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links