Drop leg holster for revolver?

This is a discussion on Drop leg holster for revolver? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess this isn't really a concealed holster but thought someone might be able to help. I'm looking for a way to carry my 6" ...

Thread: Drop leg holster for revolver?

Drop leg holster for revolver?

I guess this isn't really a concealed holster but thought someone might be able to help.
    I'm looking for a way to carry my 6" GP100 while out in the woods when I want to bring it along. I have a cheap vertical shoulder holster for my Smith 629 that it fits, but that's pretty uncomfortable while clearing trails and the like.
    I think a drop leg holster would be worth a try, but I can't find what I'm after. I found plenty of tacticool rigs for autos, but I just want something nylon or cloth that covers as much of the gun as possible, preferably with a flap opening. Must be something like that out there, but I must be looking in the wrong places. Any ideas?

2. Remove Ads

Bianchi makes some utilitarian looking belt rigs that would do nicely for woods carry. Check out the Accumold line. If you are dead set on a drop leg I would think something "universal" such as Blackhawk offers would work - although maybe the 6" barrel would be pushing it. If you have room on your belt I think you'll find it much more comfortable - I've worn a drop leg quite a bit and it only makes sense to me if you can't fit the gun anywhere else. Just my two cents worth though....

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Bianchi makes some utilitarian looking belt rigs that would do nicely for woods carry. Check out the Accumold line. If you are dead set on a drop leg I would think something "universal" such as Blackhawk offers would work - although maybe the 6" barrel would be pushing it. If you have room on your belt I think you'll find it much more comfortable - I've worn a drop leg quite a bit and it only makes sense to me if you can't fit the gun anywhere else. Just my two cents worth though....

Austin
    Yeah, what he said.

Also, I'm sure that you can find a tacticool universal that would fit, but be careful of how the buckles fit the straps. Some of the cheaper ones have straps that are kinda slippery, and can tend to slip through the buckles.
    The keys to winning a gunfight are first to bring a gun and secondly to take your time, quickly.

Always remember that if your opponent is within range, so are you.

POWER TO THE MEPEOPLE!!!

Loosely duct tape a brick to your leg and go for a long walk before you shell out money for a leg rig. If you like it, go for it.

Dave

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like it's not the way to go- glad I asked.
    The Bianchi Cyclone looks promising, can be used either strongside or crossdraw.

i just ordered the mernickle field carry cross draw for the purpose your describing, check them out.

Links