have committed to purchasing a beltman belt, but...

This is a discussion on have committed to purchasing a beltman belt, but... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Black bullhide 1.5" with black square buckle. Hard to go wrong with black (the females tell me)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: have committed to purchasing a beltman belt, but...

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Black bullhide 1.5" with black square buckle. Hard to go wrong with black (the females tell me)
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

beltman belts

Have any of you with 1.5" belts had any trouble wearing them with suits (i.e., difficulty threading the suit pant loops?)

A tailor can easily enlarge your belt loops. Use a tapered belt for a dress look from the front.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

greyhound1,
    Not to worry, there are places that have so many elephant, and no natural predators, that herd thinning must take place. It's the same as is done with other wildlife species all around the world.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

I have several Beltman bullhide belts, 1 1/4" that I wear with dress slacks and casual wear. My G 27 rides just fine in my Mtac on it, even with the 1 1/2" belt clips. I have several belts from other makers that are 1 1/2", I really see no difference in supporting my gun.

abuttermilk is correct. The elephant leather comes from herd reduction and problem animal culling, so worry not. Also elephant hide is extremely resistant to scuffs and scratches as some others have stated. I have a pair of elephant cowboy boots I've had for many years. I've had to have the soles replaced twice because I wore them out, but the elephant leather looks practically new. Incredible stuff.

the beltman

It looks like the 1 1/4 " black elephant, square nickel buckle, beltman with matching key holder is the way I'm leaning. They both really are eye catchers. I'm sure that I'll get good use out of the key holder, too. I'm hopeful that eventhough the elephant hide is an exotic skin, and probably will not be as stiff as a "double layer horse hide", that the combination of bullhide backing and plastic (?) insert will provide the stiffness and vertical support (not to mention good looks) I'm looking for to carry my 2nd gen. glock 19 (my present primary carry).

Any additional comments on the stiffness and vertical support attributes of the 1 1/4" elephant beltman would be appreciated. Thank you to all of you who have responded. Belonging to this forum makes you feel that you have your own nation-wide "back-up" (which, I must confess, we could use in Philadelphia at times). It's great to know that you can get support from Americans all across this vast county of ours. God Bless Americans!

P.S. By the way, are beltman belts cut on a curve to follow your natural contour? And if not, does this matter? thanks again!

Mine looks like a straight cut belt. The comfort level is fine for me, though I've opted for the 7 holes at 3/4" for greater adjustability. No luck on my sharkskin today, hopefully tomorrow!
    Jack

I use a bullhide 1 1/4 to carry my G19 - plenty stiff enough and I would not want anything wider..oh, and 7 holes is much more adjustable..I'm 6' 1" also and 175lbs

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    I'd go with 7 holes for more "expansion".
    I don't think the 7-hole style means they add 2 more holes of the same spacing. I think it means you have 7 holes in the same space that 5 took. Thus you get finer tuning but not more expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I don't think the 7-hole style means they add 2 more holes of the same spacing. I think it means you have 7 holes in the same space that 5 took. Thus you get finer tuning but not more expansion.
    You actually get an extra 1/4"

5 holes at 1" apart = 5"
    7 holes at 3/4" apart = 5.25"
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

beltman belt, 1 1/4" elephant, black, nickel buckle

I agree with those who have suggested the 7 hole option. That's another option that I would like. Hey mattd, which holster do you have for the glock 19? Also, any vertical support issues that you noticed with the 1 1/4 " bullhide while carrying the G-19. Most of those who responded seem to prefer the 1 1/2" belt. Thanks to all again. Can't wait to order it.

Everyone extols horsehide. Unfortunately, I am limited to bullhide since my girlfriend is an equestrian. I have a dual-layered bullhide belt on order from The Beltman. I went with the 7-hole option and 1 inches width. I currently have a kydex reinforced Looper belt that is 1 inch wide and I have had no problems carrying a fullsize M&P9 either IWB or OWB.

beltman belt, 1 1/4"

Thanks for the info eagle5. So, a fellow Pennsylvanian, eh? By the way, did you go with the 1 1/4" because that was what you were used to wearing (like me), or do you have other gunbelts in both 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" and prefer the "slimmer" model? Is there really an added benefit for support when wearing the 1 1/2"?

Don't forget to match your belt to your holster belt slots! A 1.5" holster is sloppy when worn on a 1.25" belt.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links