have committed to purchasing a beltman belt, but... - Page 3

have committed to purchasing a beltman belt, but...

This is a discussion on have committed to purchasing a beltman belt, but... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good advice Husker! I guess that means I'll be buying a custom black leather holster (1 1/4" slot, that is) for my black elephant belt. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: have committed to purchasing a beltman belt, but...

Good advice Husker! I guess that means I'll be buying a custom black leather holster (1 1/4" slot, that is) for my black elephant belt. Probably will check out Kramer leather for a scabbard (owb). I've heard nothing but good things ablout Kramer leather holsters. My 2nd gen G19 will be in good company.

My 1.25" sharkskin from The Beltman came in yesterday's mail and it's absolutely gorgeous! I might just have to order a sharkskin in 1.5" just so I can wear one everyday - yes, it's THAT good! This is my second belt from Jim and I definitely plan on ordering more from him. I still need one or two 1.25" belts in brown/cordovan to wear with khakis (of course, then I'll have to buy new khakis to go with the belts).

If you haven't ordered from him yet, I highly encourage you to do it. The quality of his work FAR exceeds the price he charges and he delivers very close to the time he quotes.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound1 View Post
    Thanks for the info eagle5. So, a fellow Pennsylvanian, eh? By the way, did you go with the 1 1/4" because that was what you were used to wearing (like me), or do you have other gunbelts in both 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" and prefer the "slimmer" model? Is there really an added benefit for support when wearing the 1 1/2"?
    greyhoud1, I picked the 1 inch because I am a smaller guy. Anything larger looks very odd on me. I also wear my gun belts for dress and work. I have honestly had no problems with any 1 inch gun belts with either OWB or IWB carry. As long as you have the belt and holster snug, I can seen no problem.

The dual bullhide belt from him. All my holsters from Sparks are made for 1 1/2inch belts. I also opted for more holes on my belt spacing 3/4 inch instead of 1 inch.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

beltman, sharkskin

Hey Maclean:

The sharkskin 1 1/4" was initially on my radar. If possible, could you post a pic of it with your holster and sidearm? Congrats on the new purchase and wear it proudly!

No problem but I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning. With my camera setup I need natural outdoor light to get decent pics.

BTW, since I've developed a "dunlop," the waistband of my jeans tends to roll down over the top edge of my belt just a bit. The wider belts fill the pants loops better and usually prevent this. It's not really a problem, I just don't like the way it looks when my waistband starts rolling - I'm fat enough without making myself look even fatter. If my holsters would accept it, I'd special order a 6" wide sharkskin weightbelt from Jim and tell everyone I had sixpack abs!
    Jack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links