Glock carry without holster

This is a discussion on Glock carry without holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AZ Husker Show him this thread. Seldom do we all agree on anything! Yea, and we all agree, he's an idiot!!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock carry without holster

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Show him this thread. Seldom do we all agree on anything!
    Yea, and we all agree, he's an idiot!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2. Remove Ads

Personally, I would never do it. That said, unless there was direct force to the middle of the trigger it would never go off.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar

ClipDraw

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    That's no more trigger protection than carrying mexican.
    I respectfully disagree. The ClipDraw keeps the trigger in place under the belt where it cannot be accidentlly activated. Without this retention method, the pistol can move around, especially into areas where thin cloth cannot viably prevent access to the trigger. Not as good as a holster, but considerably better than no restraint.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Since we are all "opinionating", I think carrying without a holster is foolish.

So there you go........

Pulling the weapon with my trigger properly indexed along the trigger guard laid it right along the clip. The gun hung up, but my finger didn't. Nice slice!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Hope his 'bunched' shirt never clogs the trigger area...could be that 'one in a million' event...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    I was rather dismayed today to see one of my fellow firearms instructors stick his Glock 27 into his waistband in an appendix carry style without a holster. We had a rather spirited debate about why I believe that to be essentially unsafe. His point: He's been safely carrying his gun that way for 20 years and without pulling the trigger there will be no AD. My point: Carrying a gun, especially a Glock, without covering the trigger is foolhardy and not even remotely safe. Any opinions?
    If he is an instructor with that attitude, he's a bad instructor who doesn't understand basic firearm safety. My gut feeling? He's a macho fool who gets off on being the big bad instructor with the gun in his waistband and I wouldn't take a course from him if he paid me and washed my car!

Distance yourself from this idiot. You can go visit him in the hospital when he shoots himself in the thigh...or worse.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

A young holdup man in my town shot himself in his femoral artery while putting his piece away, Mexican style, while fleeing the scene of his convenience store robbery. Passers-by saved his life by pinching his artery until medics arrived. His defense attorney argued that since he was a youthful offender and he has recovered from his wounds he should be able to handle "prison boot camp". The judge disagreed and gave him 9 years in the big house.

News : Man who shot himself during holdup receives 9 years (Montrose, CO)

That instructor is a definite Darwin Award candidate.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

I carry in a Smart Carry holster, but that isn't quite Mexican. LOL I used to have a G27 with the clipdraw. I had this piece of plastic that snapped in behind the trigger. Once you needed to draw, a press against it with your trigger finger while drawing with finger indexed pops the plastic piece out. I forget what it was called, but I wouldn't have dared without that little plastic piece. In the end I got rid of the clipdraw though. The thing had a major rusting problem, and this was in NV where the humidity is nothing. Any oil or protection on it would soak into my pants / shirt slowly. In the end, I decided that I liked the Smart Carry or the tuck-able crossbreed IWB the best. I always carry in one of those two now, except my main carry gun has switched to the Kahr.

I gotta tell ya I carried a glock 19 like this once and only once! and I'll explain why. I was riding with a friend about 6 years ago and was only going to her house for a bit. So I take my G19 (I took the round out of the chamber and put it in the mag)I then put the gun inside my waistband in the apendix area under my sweater(I was only doing this as my holster had not arrived yet).

So we mosey outside and I get into her Camaro and as I sit down all the way I hear "click". It was my glocks trigger it had been tripped by the tshirt I was wearing under my sweater. I realized carrying any gun with a round chambered in this fashion was dangerous. so the moral of the story is don't carry this way it taught me a valuable lesson thats for sure.

HKR
    Can we not use the term 'Mexican', because its offensive. Can we instead say 'illegal drain on our healthcare and education systems that will be a pox on our children and grandchildren for decades to come' ?

I must admit HKR, you almost had me fooled with where you were going, after I read your first sentence. Good one! lol

I love the "I've been doing it for twenty-years this way" line. I work in construction management and most of the guys that get hurt or killed doing something stupid had been "doing it that way for twenty-years". That is one of the number one things I hear when I correct safety issues with people. The best way to not get hurt is to eliminate possibilities and limit your exposure. While some things always carry some risk, if you can eliminate obvious hazards you are foolish to not do so. I just recently read a post, with pictures, of a guy that had shot himself in the leg with his .45 after cleaning it. The guy who shot himself was the guy who posted it and he said that he has been handling guns for years and he took safety for granted, accidents happen!

Sounds like a really dumb idea to me. A pistol belongs in a holster.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    Can we not use the term 'Mexican', because its offensive. Can we instead say 'illegal drain on our healthcare and education systems that will be a pox on our children and grandchildren for decades to come' ?
    I believe the pc adjective used today is undocumented rather than illegal.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links