Glock carry without holster

This is a discussion on Glock carry without holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If it's not in a holster, the Glock won't have one in the chamber....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glock carry without holster

If it's not in a holster, the Glock won't have one in the chamber.

2. Remove Ads

I agree that this is irresponsible and negligent!
    I will not carry any gun of any type without a holster EVER!
    To hear this really irritates me becuse this jerk WILL be,sooner or later just a statistic for gungrabbers to use against us.
    Hopefully when it happens(and it will)he is the only one to be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    Can we not use the term 'Mexican', because its offensive. Can we instead say 'illegal drain on our healthcare and education systems that will be a pox on our children and grandchildren for decades to come' ?
    Now that's funny as hell!!!
    AND TRUE

Can we not use the term 'Mexican', because its offensive. Can we instead say 'illegal drain on our healthcare and education systems that will be a pox on our children and grandchildren for decades to come' ?
    Right...and can you remember that many of us of Mexican decent (Mexican and Japanese here...don't ask...none of your business) are NOT friggin' illegal/undocumented/whatever-vaguely-rascist-term-you-choose-to-use?

And to the actual POINT of the thread before the above hijacked it:

Any instructor who would willingly point a loaded gun w/ unprotected trigger at his twig and berries (meat and potatoes...take your pick) is NOT a role model for firearms safety, regardless if he advocates this method of carry or not.

-JT

The "boys" don't like it when they have a gun pointed at them in a holster or not,I personally have found that carring a firearm IWB without a holster is really uncomfortable and metal on sweaty skin can rust guns,I always carry in a holster and most of them have a body shielsd to keep metal from contacting skin.Carrying without a holster is asking for trouble,if gun fell out of waistband and discharged striking somebody a lawyer would eat you alive in a lawsuit,not to mention a prosecutor going after you for negligence
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Talking LOL

LMAO
    Cheers,

Johnny Rebel

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I would not recommend it to any of my students. In MN you have a duty to retreat. Even wearing tight fitting jeans, (Unlike a gangbanger), I would be afraid my firearm would somehow fall out. One of the things we are required to teach is "weapon retention" and I don't see that as a good way to do this. It is however not illegal.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Even with a Saf-T-Bloc, it can fall out and something could "bump" the trigger and someone will be singing alto then. Glock needs to be in a holster that protects the trigger!!

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I gotta tell ya I carried a glock 19 like this once and only once! and I'll explain why. I was riding with a friend about 6 years ago and was only going to her house for a bit. So I take my G19 (I took the round out of the chamber and put it in the mag)I then put the gun inside my waistband in the apendix area under my sweater(I was only doing this as my holster had not arrived yet).

So we mosey outside and I get into her Camaro and as I sit down all the way I hear "click". It was my glocks trigger it had been tripped by the tshirt I was wearing under my sweater. I realized carrying any gun with a round chambered in this fashion was dangerous. so the moral of the story is don't carry this way it taught me a valuable lesson thats for sure.
    Did you have to back into the house to change your shorts after wetting yourself ? I would had to.

Quote Originally Posted by i12flytoday View Post
    I had this piece of plastic that snapped in behind the trigger. Once you needed to draw, a press against it with your trigger finger while drawing with finger indexed pops the plastic piece out. I forget what it was called, but I wouldn't have dared without that little plastic piece.

It is called Saf-T-Blok Did It work and is it worth the money?

Hitch king no I diddn't wet myself I think I was in shock it took my a little bit to realize what just happened,and what could have happened. I fell like a good holster should always be used when carrying any firearm. There no such thing as a "safe" gun.guns by thair nature are deadly weapons and should be treated as such. That being said I feel safety is between the ears,no amount of a gun's safeties will help if the person handling the gun is being unsafe.

NOT smart. One day it will slide down his pants leg, or fire a rd down there when the trigger gets snagged. When I carry, my Glock ( or any other gun ) is in a holster

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links