High Noon "Bare Asset"

High Noon "Bare Asset"

This is a discussion on High Noon "Bare Asset" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I received the two High Noon "Bare Asset" holsters that I ordered for my G19 and Kahr CW9. My initial impression of these holsters ...

Thread: High Noon "Bare Asset"

Question High Noon "Bare Asset"

Yesterday I received the two High Noon "Bare Asset" holsters that I ordered for my G19 and Kahr CW9. My initial impression of these holsters is very positive. They hold the gun snuggly and the clips really lock onto the belt. They are very thin and very comfortable and while they do somewhat collapse when the gun is drawn they stay open enough that the guns muzzle slips in and opens them right back up for reholstering. Has anyone had these for any period of time? If so what is your long term impression of them?

I've had mine for a couple of weeks for my Kimber.
    I like it comfortable, small, secure, what's not to like?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am currently using a bare asset for my Kahr MK40. I love that little holster. I like the thin soft leather, it my make re-holstering a little tough, but since re-holstering comes after a situation is resolved, I consider it a secondary consideration when it comes to self defense. I like the fact that it is easy-on, easy off. I find the bare asset extremely comfortable, holds my gun securely, excellent quality, and best of all, priced right and ships quickly.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I just recieved my Split Decision today. Same initial thoughts as you - very good quality, recieved in 3 days, and hides my PPS UNBELIEVABLY well - tucked in shirt feature is very nice as well.

I tried it in a few places - after all was said and done - 5:00 position was the most comfortable.

These do appear to be great holsters. My thought is the same on the reholstering issue, it happens after an incident which MAY happen MAYBE once in my life. Carrying everyday makes comfort and fit my number one issues so finding these thin, comfortable holsters met those criteria. I was originally willing to spend more money but thankfully I didn't have to since I was looking to get matching holsters for both of my carry guns. I can reholster one handed right now but after they get more broken in that may change although it's not a big issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit9mm View Post
    Yesterday I received the two High Noon "Bare Asset" holsters that I ordered for my G19 and Kahr CW9........ Has anyone had these for any period of time? If so what is your long term impression of them?
    dont quiet qualify for long term, 8 months here, and happy, so far, it does what I want it to do, carries my weapon comfortably, I dont reholster very often, (only when I go to the bathroom) but even then I use two hands, I honestly have never considered reholstering a CHL a big issue, if I am safe enough to reholster then I can take my time.

How do you guys with difficult holsters spend a day on the range working on your draw/quickfire techniques? With a carry gun, that should be as much a part of your training as target shooting.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    How do you guys with difficult holsters spend a day on the range working on your draw/quickfire techniques? With a carry gun, that should be as much a part of your training as target shooting.

I practice with my Tuckable and my SmartCarry

It takes me a little longer to reholster

With the tuckable I ahve to tuck my shirt back in, with the SmartCarry I have to undo my belt.

I get interesting looks at the range when I am doing this
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    With the bare asset, it is a single clip. I simply unclip it from my belt, reholster the gun, then clip it back onto my belt. Its that simple, takes but a few seconds.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Mine is still in the new status, but it is easy to re holster 2 handed and not that bad one handed for the range.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I practice drawing and dry-firing daily. Most ranges around me will not allow you to draw from a holster and fire live. As stated in my post, I can still reholster one handed even with the thin "Bare Asset". There are live fire classes offered around me for drawing and shooting from concealment. I actually have one I am taking on April 1 to allow me to practice live. I also have a force-on-force class I am taking on April 13. I strongly believe in continued, practical training for shooters of all levels.

Most times you will be able to get the muzzle in there, from there just push and twist.

Take Care
    Alex

Links