Sometimes timing is everything...Maxcon

This is a discussion on Sometimes timing is everything...Maxcon within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well sometimes timing is everything in life. I got my Brommeland Max-Con holster about 3+ years ago when Gary still sold to us regular folks. ...

Thread: Sometimes timing is everything...Maxcon

Sometimes timing is everything...Maxcon

Well sometimes timing is everything in life. I got my Brommeland Max-Con holster about 3+ years ago when Gary still sold to us regular folks. It was, to me, kinda pricey but with all the good words being spoken about it I bought it along with a mag pouch. I absolutely love this holster & I wear it every day.
    Well, if I was just getting into concealed carry today there is NO way I could own this holster unfortunately. The price is now way out of my league. I know quality is important and all and I am not faulting anyone for making a living or getting what the market will bring for a product but I would surely not have the luxury of owning my own Max-con.
    I am not naming names or prices, this is just an observation.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

2. Remove Ads

Compared to the cost of a firearm, I still find any custom holster to be a bargain, and well worth the price for everyday carry.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I hear ya!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I whole-heartedly agree they are nice, l wear it every day...just to double the price from 3 years ago is a lot to bear for people that just dropped gun money. they should be easier to afford but are not any longer. more people will be without the ability or willingness to own custom leather.
    R1

Lets keep it that way.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree they are nice, l wear it every day...just to double the price from 3 years ago is a lot to bear for people that just dropped gun money. they should be easier to afford but are not any longer. more people will be without the ability or willingness to own custom leather.
    That's where makers like UBG, FIST, High Noon and a bunch of others come in. They offer high quality leather for well under a $100. Saves us common folk from being leather poor.

As far as I'm concerned, buying proper quality leather and ammo is as much of the purchase as is the gun. If you can't afford it all, maybe you should wait a little longer. It's a package, not components.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Most/all of us like quality leather. However, the top holsters are pricy for some. However, there are some quality makers that are not yet a year behind or charge over $100 for the holster. I am not saying that they are not worth their cost, but others that are less expensive perform just as well in my experience.

Kevin at K&D makes excellent holsters that will do everything one wants or needs. Brock at Bluegrass is getting a very good reputation. I have one on order from him and am eager to see and use it. I also have one on order from Kevin, and the one I have from him is top quality.

Not a large number of us are willing to wait over a year and spend up to $175 for anyone's holster. There is a point of diminishing return even for leather holsters.

I believe that we can get excellent belts, holsters and mag carriers for much less than the cost of the gun.

Regards,
    Jerry

Administrator
    Well, I'm sure not sticking up for any particular holster maker but, there are things that factor into any final price for a product.
    Supply & demand - overhead costs - location & the "cost of living" and doing business in one particular state as VS another - the total number of paid employees - advertising costs - some makers work from home & some pay out additional money to run a separate shop location.
    The number of very expensive machines VS doing a % of the fabrication all by hand.

The best thing to do is shop around - find a maker with a rig that is what you want & that you can personally afford.

If the waiting time is too long from that maker then shop around for another maker or wait the required amount of time.

We are actually pretty doggone fortunate that we have so many different holster options from many talented holster makers and at various ranges in price.

That's a good thing really....it is.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

+1 what QK said...

With CCW in nearly every state of the union now a reality, the holster industry has really boomed!

I recall the holster industry of say 15 years ago.

Slim pickings to say the least.

Today we have so many to choose from, custom included, there really is no reason not to be able to find "something" that fits your needs and your budget! You just need to shop around a bit.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I do feel fortunate to have "hooked up" with this site and it's big number of custom and high quality gun leather makers. The Mega Holster Makers list here is a very good thing. It gives the us a big list of choices in one place to review lots of makers, check deliver times, & prices. And I can surely understand the boom on the 'demand' side of custom gun leather. It is something we all have strived for....wider acceptance of CCW laws. Glad to see many new entrepenuers step up to fill a demand.
    R1

Lets keep it that way.

Administrator
    I'm glad the holster makers are keeping really busy.
    For every person waiting in line for a holster there is a person out there carrying a fiream AND another potential DefensiveCarry.com forum member.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links