Comp-Tac holsters rock!!

Comp-Tac holsters rock!!

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac holsters rock!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found myself rolling in the wet grass this morning chasing after my dog just as I was getting out of the house for work. After ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comp-Tac holsters rock!!

Found myself rolling in the wet grass this morning chasing after my dog just as I was getting out of the house for work.

After running (which I am in no shape for at all) around the neighborhood and jumping in and out of my truck a half dozen times or so, I wind up stumbling and rolling through someones backyard.

All this time I could feel the positive weight of my 1911 on my hip (for the record, the holster is a Comp-Tac paddle style). The weapon never once shifted on the belt, nor did the holster or weapon dislodge from their respective homes.

Aside from being worn out and a little muddy, everything turned out well. Dog was corralled, clothes can be washed, and muscles will eventually quit aching.

Bottom line: If you are looking for an inexpensive holster for permanent, temporary, or intermittent use, look no further than Comp-Tac for your needs. Yes, this is a shameless plug for a company that I have absolutely no affiliation with except that I have bought a product from them in the past, and after the mornings experience, will be buying from them again.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Have always had good performance from the holsters and great customer service from the company.

I can second that. I only have comp-tacs for off duty use and I need to get one for the Glock 21SF I just bought.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

I have to give them credit on the MTAC, it broke in fast and holds my P-01 securely without any shifting around my waistband. I can't wait for by belt from the Beltman to accent it! Now I just need an OWB high ride for the MK9.

Searn

In my experience they have great customer service as well. They seem to apply the solid strategy of under promise and over deliver their service. My first order with them I was a bit discourage to receive a reply email that indicated the production would take 3-4 weeks. I received the holster in about 3-5 days after ordering. I've placed several orders since with the same great results.

Good quality products!
    No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    I can second that. I only have comp-tacs for off duty use and I need to get one for the Glock 21SF I just bought.
    I had to look far and wide for a 21SF holster. Aside from being one of the few rig's available for the 21SF, it works great for this weapon. Been recommending Comp-Tac to friends for about a month, now. Comp-Tac
    Virginia Citizen's Defense League
    The Soldiers Creed
    This here JimmyHat is for your protection, and mine.

I just ordered an MTAC from them for the xd i'll be buying next week, expecting it to show up around the same time as i purchased the weapon since it claimed a 2 week turnaround time. I received regular update emails from the time of purchase, and I have never experienced such amazing customer service. They notified me of their receipt of my order, again when they started the manufacture process, again when they finished the holster and sent it to the shipping department, and again when it was shipped. Even though they said it would be at least 2 weeks, they finished the holster and shipped it 5 days from my order, and I ordered on a wednesday evening! I should be getting the holster in the mail today or tomorrow and even though I don't have the firearm yet I am very excited. I will be doing business with them again!

Administrator
    I have nothing but good things to say about Comptac... I've worn one every day 12+ hrs doing anything and everything you can imagine and dont have a single complaint. I've turned a few others guys in my task force on to them, they love 'em too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i agree wholeheartedly! when i carry IWB, it's in a c-tac. and i have a 2 o'clock on order (it's "in production") for my kahr pm9. i can't wait to get that in!

+1 to all of this! I just got a C-tac last week, and already ordered the Infidel this week!

My Infidel felt like a rock hard piece of plastic in my side... I haven't tried the 'hybrid' style of holsters yet, but the Alessi PCH takes the cake from a comfort level on a 1911 commander.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKid View Post
    My Infidel felt like a rock hard piece of plastic in my side... I haven't tried the 'hybrid' style of holsters yet, but the Alessi PCH takes the cake from a comfort level on a 1911 commander.
    Doesnt a leather holster feel like a hard piece of steel wrapped in leather?

I just ordered a pro undercover for my 228; I'll let ya'll know how it is when I get it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    Have always had good performance from the holsters and great customer service from the company.
    Strong second. I have only bought from them a few times, don't have much use for Kydex, but what I've bought works as advertised, and their customer service is simply exceptional - the kind of company you like to do business with.

I have two MTAC's and like all of you have received great customer service. The second holster I ordered was for my Sig P228. When it arrived I put the Sig in and could not pull it out. Hmmmm..... tried again and again (it was not loaded) while clipped on my belt and in my hand. Only by very aggressive wiggling back and forth would it come out. Called them up, sent it back and within the week I had a new Kydex shell on my previous leather. It now works as it should. So, not only are their communication and delivery service promises above expectation but their follow up after the sale if an issue arises is top notch. I highly recommend them !

yeah I need to just order an MTAC from them for both guns, one I don't own yet and it will be my EDC, the other I own now, but don't plan on carrying much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links