What do you call it?.......testing, 1, 2, 3

This is a discussion on What do you call it?.......testing, 1, 2, 3 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I've seen mention of the appendix carry now and then, the methods and means, the do's and don't do's, so I've been trying something ...

Thread: What do you call it?.......testing, 1, 2, 3

What do you call it?.......testing, 1, 2, 3

Well, I've seen mention of the appendix carry now and then, the methods and means, the do's and don't do's, so I've been trying something new to me. All with the really cheap, over-bashed nylon, Uncle Mike's clip holster no less! I 've pondered posting this at all because of the flak that's sure to ensue, and the debates that are sure to be sparked by mere words or pictures. Thing is----we're all here to learn--yeah--even the elder, seasoned veterans. I feel learning something new every day is something special. While the knowledge we gain should be shared (sometimes) among those who pursue the same or similar lifestyle we do personally, that knowledge doesn't actually pertain to all. For those who accept challenges and new ways, I've discovered for myself a new and very comfortable method of carrying my EDC pistol. This works well for me, even sitting down, or driving. It absolutely disappears with the un-tucked t-shirt and works very well with tucked, but 'bunched up in front' shirt also. I know that flesh over the age of twenty is not always pleasant to look at, but one must focus on the subject. I don't have an excess overlap IMO, but what I do have actually helps retain the pistol rather well naturally. I really like this method of carry and it has spread my options for this summer. Plus I'm a guy, and re-arranging one's self in public is a given from time-to-time right? I sincerely recommend this form of carry for myself. All others use at your own risk.

2. Remove Ads

Is that a glock in your pants or??

I think it works. I can't imagine it being comfortable, but you say it is so hey it works for you!

I...just..can't ...point...my...weapon...that...way.......whew!
    I know it's all in my..head , but that's who makes the call!
    If it works for you,that's all that matters!
    Cocked and unlocked also
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    Yeah sure... that's easy for you to do! I have "dunlops disease"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have been CC for almost 17yrs and that is how I use to carry all the time. I still use that style of carry from time to time. I think it works very well. I can conceal any pistol with that method w/an untucked t-shirt. I think as mentioned it helps a great deal if you are in shape. I hit the gym on a weekly basis so it works well for me.

That used to work well for me too. Now it would look like a hernia under my shirt.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Can't do that...

No T-shirt between the gun and your skin? I would not find that comfortable. When I use my IWB holster wearing a T-shirt, I wear an extra summer T (wife beater) under my regular shirt...that works for me. Also, my holsters all have a body protector, an extra piece of leather to help shield the hammer from the skin.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great idea - I've been carrying my Kimber Ultra CDP in the front in a rig from Smart Carry. Works very well and very discreet.
    Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters

The only downside is it can be a bit uncomfortable sitting for long periods.

The only handgun I can carry that way is a j frame. I also carry it a little further to the right. The only time I carry this way is as a bug with my primary OWB at 3:30.

Glad it works for you. Just remember the Glock has a fairly light trigger pull, unless you have a NY trigger. Be careful, an AD with that method is
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I carry appendix a fair amount. It works well for j-frames and smaller pistols. I only have a bike tire problem.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

As the late, great Mae West said: "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me"?

Look a little uncomfortable to me, but whatever works!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Can't do that...

No T-shirt between the gun and your skin? I would not find that comfortable....
    That goes for me too.

BTW, Ram Rod, a professional body guard, obviously very experienced and knowledgeable about such things, told me that is the only carry position/method (IWB appendix carry, but the same would be true where you position it) you can maximize protection for your handgun against take-aways.

Then he proceeded to demonstrate how difficult it is for someone to remove your gun from the holster if you tighten your stomach, uhhh, muscles. You can protect the gun largely without even using your hands. He made an excellent point. Then he demonstrated how no other method is that secure.

So, pretty good carry method.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Links