Old style Glock mags

Old style Glock mags

This is a discussion on Old style Glock mags within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a G19 when they first came out and have 8 "pre-ban" mags, all with +2 floor plates and Wolff springs. I just broke ...

Thread: Old style Glock mags

Old style Glock mags

I bought a G19 when they first came out and have 8 "pre-ban" mags, all with +2 floor plates and Wolff springs. I just broke down and bought 3 new mags (1 G19 and 2 G17 for carry spares) all with +2 floor plates and will soon get Wolff springs as well.

My question for the group...has anyone ever tried sanding down the sides of an old style Glock mag to make it "drop free" when the mag release is pushed?? The old mags will be good for the range and general plinking but I would like to have them all drop free for carry and was wondering if anyone had done this and did it work?

I've heard of it being done, and working. Be sure to finish your sanding job with 600-800 grit wet/dry paper, so you have a smooth finish. A wipedown with Armorall/Son of a Gun, etc, might not hurt, either. Personally, I never had any really sticky "non-drop frees".....

I also have heard of it being done or just spraying with armor all and it working.. My g-17 NDFM truly are Non drops even empty you have to pull them out of the gun only have 2 but they make good range mags

Administrator

Thumbs up Suggestion:

Use some spray adhesive & lightly spray the back of your desired grit of abrasive paper.
    Use the full sheet & stick that down to a perfectly flat square of marble or glass.
    Then carefully run your mags over that & you'll do a nice perfect job of it.
    Then do the same with a finer grit.
    That is the way I get all of my ivory surfaces perfectly flat.
    It really works well.

Some people actually prefer the non-drop mags, you may be able to sell them to offset the cost of new mags. That's what I did with the non-drop free mags I found in the top of my closet.

And Armor All wipes rock. No spraying, nothing. Just pull out a tissue, and wipe the mag down.

My g-17 NDFM truly are Non drops even empty you have to pull them out of the gun only have 2 but they make good range mags
    See if there's a "lip" pushed out at the top front of the tube. Sometimes the round headed to the pipe will drag on the mag right below it and push it out, or it will get cought on the magwell on its way into the gun (not sure which is happening, but it still gets pushed out). A few strokes with a file, or a quick cut with a sharp knife normally takes care of it. Two of the mags I got for my previous G17 had to be fixed, as well as the mag that came with my current one.

Sponsored Links