Help me choose...

Help me choose...

This is a discussion on Help me choose... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can't carry IWB. So I've narrowed it down to a couple belt holsters for my G26 carry. The Desantis #86 mini slide. Or the ...

Question Help me choose...

I can't carry IWB. So I've narrowed it down to a couple belt holsters for my G26 carry. The Desantis #86 mini slide. Or the Galco 286B concealable. Both are in-stock now (which is a requirement as I need it now). Anyone have either of these?
    Give me 3 good men, and an M1A1 Abrams. I'll show you how to kill something.

Quote Originally Posted by arloc1959 View Post
    I can't carry IWB. So I've narrowed it down to a couple belt holsters for my G26 carry. The Desantis #86 mini slide. Or the Galco 286B concealable. Both are in-stock now (which is a requirement as I need it now). Anyone have either of these?
    Might check Lightning Arms Sports. They do carry some Galco holsters. Here is their web site: Lightning Arms Sports
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Great! Thx.

Might think about the Mitch Rosen 'upper limit express'.
    express line
    It's what I use for my G27 OWB. Simply awesome!
    Rides very high.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Of those 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the Galco Concealable. Some I would consider (and that have come highly recommended by many in the past) are the Aker Flatsider. It's close to the Galco Concealable, but it has adjustable tension. It has been said that it is better quality by some. I would also look at the Don Hume H721OT. Here's some links of people who have both in stock.

Aker flatsider
    Aker 168A FlatSider Holster - Strapless

Don Hume H721OT
    Don Hume Open Top Belt Holster (H721 OT)

Here's an old pic of my G26 in the Don Hume. It is more broken in now, so the loops are much flatter now, keeping it close to the body.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arloc1959 View Post
    I can't carry IWB.

I don't know if this has been discussed by you in another thread, but I figure I'd ask, anyway.

Why can't you carry IWB?

Is it a sciatica or nerve problem?

Is it a pants size problem?

What holsters have you tried? Some makers use a sort of "sciatica extention" or "comfort tab" on IWB holsters that distribute the weight greatly.

I don't mean to start a debate or anything, but some try certain types of IWB and assume that all IWBs will be bad. There are several variations that might fit you differently.

Then again, if you simply prefer OWB, that's perfectly fine.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Yes I do have problems with the nerves around my hip area. It's not bad enough to keep me from carrying. So I have decided to get rid of my 36 oz carry gun in exchange for the G26. I tried IWB ( which is actually easier on the nerves of my hip ) and just hate it. I don't care to wear pants that are too large. I tend to dress stylish and often wear suits and sport jackets. So it's OWB for me.

I ordered the GALCO CON286B CONCEALABLE AUTO BLK to try it out. They are telling me this holster is for both RH and LH shooters. It just doesn't look like that holster would work LH. I'm a RH shooter. Comments?

I like the looks of that Don Hume.

The Galco Concealable is available in both left and right hand models, I assume that's what they're talking about. I've been using one for my G19 for the last several months, it's not a custom holster by any means but for mass production it's a decent choice.

Like you, I had to switch to a lighter carry gun due to nerve issues (back surgeries and nerve damage). I switched from a Springfield Mil-Spec to the Glock and it's made life easier. I do miss having a .45 on my hip but 15 rounds of 9mm Corbon DPX should handle anything short of all-out zombie infestations ... and for that I carry a spare mag .
    Jack

VIP Member
    No doubt about it, a custom OWB holster is a nice way to go, I have a couple of them but... for the money, the Galco Concealable is hard to beat. I have one for every handgun I own. They are very comfortable, hold the weapon securely and the draw is fast and they are immediately available!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links