Fist 1K Clip Holster VS K6 with the leather snap loop for appendix carry?

This is a discussion on Fist 1K Clip Holster VS K6 with the leather snap loop for appendix carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First post here but definately not my last, tons of great info here on carrying and holsters. Love it! Anyways I have a Fist #19 ...

Thread: Fist 1K Clip Holster VS K6 with the leather snap loop for appendix carry?

Question Fist 1K Clip Holster VS K6 with the leather snap loop for appendix carry?

First post here but definately not my last, tons of great info here on carrying and holsters. Love it!

Anyways I have a Fist #19 holster for my PM9 and love it. Only problem is that the loops are screwed on and I have to thread my belt through to take it off and on, so I am looking to get a second holster for appendix carry that I can put on and take off quickly for short trips and the such. I actually found out from Fist that I can order snap loops for my #19, but I am still looking for an appendix carry holster to try out appendix carry.

Fist's ultra-thin kydex has always interested me and I figured this would be a good time to try it out, especially with my PM9 since it is so thin itself.

I was looking at either the #1K Clip Holster or the #K6 Kydex IWB interchangeable with the leather snap loop, both in ultra-thin kydex. I have not used a holster before with a clip and am a little concerned that it will not stay on the belt well or it will shift, hence my interest in the K6 also. I usually prefer leather loops so I would probably get the K6 with the leather loop, but some people rave about the clip holsters.

I plan to carry about 2:00, so just in front of the hip and I use a Wilderness Frequent Flyer 5-stich belt if that makes a difference.

I was wondering which of the two you would suggest or if you had any other insight or expeirence with either. Thanks very much everyone.

2. Remove Ads

I can't count the times on the range watching a holster come out of the pants with the gun.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

The FIST clip does seem to be stronger than most clips and therefore hold onto the pants better. The clip's a little bigger than some and maybe not as pretty as some - but it is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I can't count the times on the range watching a holster come out of the pants with the gun.
    Same here, and the reason I usually go with loops. While the Fist clip may be fine I think I am going to go with the K6 with the leather belt loop since that is what I am confident and comfortable with. You also can change out the loop on the K6 with a bunch of choices.

The other thing with most clips I have seen is that they are pretty much a one size fits all. My belt is 1.5" and I want a attachment that is sized for 1.5", not 1.75" or even 2" like I have seen.
    Last edited by pjmaxm; April 4th, 2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Links