Defensive Carry banner

P225 Easy On / Easy Off Holster Opinions

6K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  proudmarinesdad 
#1 ·
I'm considering several holsters for my P225.

I want a holster that is truly for a P225, not a 228/229 that "fits".

Any personal experiences with the following? Considering going to kydex, as all my carry holster experience has been with leather. I did pick up a Blackhawk SERPA for my 1911 for range use that I like.

Bear Claw Up A Creek Bear Claw Up a Creek
Looks nice and thin, like the leather bonded to the outside.

Comp-Tac Paddle Comp-Tac Paddle
All reports on comp-tac seem positive. I like how wide the paddle appears to be.

Comp-Tac Settable Cant Comp-Tac Settable Cant
Paddle and belt, plus ability to set cant. Good options. Is the kydex sweat guard comfortable?

TT OWB Pancake TT OWB Pancake
Love the look and have always had leather holsters.

A few general questions:

Is lack of sweat guard a big deal for a factory finished Sig?

If it is a concern, does this change with a finish (e.g. CCR Cera-Hide)?

Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
It's nice to have a balance of leather and kydex holsters - there is a time and place for each.

I have a small collection of BearClaw holsters, for me they've worked out very well for what I buy them for - easy on and off, thin, weather resistant.

My own humble opinion is that the standard cant of most holsters works very well, and the adjustment only adds complexity to the design ... just one more thing to come loose, more screws, more space ... That said all your choices seem to be winners.

#7 ·
One of my friends recently bought the Blackhawk "detachable slide" for two of his guns and really likes them. I would consider it if I had a need for quick on-off.

#9 ·
The Blackhawk CQC SERPA holsters are pretty nice. Fairly easy to conceal and come with both a detachable belt loops and a detachable paddle device. Excellent retention locking device for level II or now available Level III.

#14 ·
For an IWB, Fist #1A clip w/cant and body protector...:yup:I have about 8 of just that model...

Stay armed...stay safe!

#15 ·
My favorite on/off, but still conceals really well is the Galco Concealable Paddle. It is the only paddle I have ever owned that actually rides close to the body, and still conceals well under a t-shirt.

I also have a Blackhawk Serpa for my 220. It sticks out halfway to the next state it's so bad. Has some nice features, but sticks out to far. And I had to Dremel off the tab on the paddle to make it easier to get on and off.

Another nice thing about Galco, is someone has one in stock somewhere, not hard to find. And since I have owned nearly every custom maker of holsters, I gotta say that their isn't that big of a difference between Milt Sparks (my favorite) and Galco. Just depends on the model.

For example, the MS VMII is a lot nicer than any IWB Galco makes. But they're OWB holsters aren't that big of a quality difference. That is why I recommend the Galco Concealable Paddle so highly. It works really well, priced a little high, but is available without a wait.

I do wish Milt made a paddle.

#17 ·
I had a p225 p6 which I have since sold. I bought a "yankee" type owb holster and it came with a shoulder/belt combo holster. Make me a reasonable offer and you pay s&h; and they are yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.