Tucker vs MTAC vs Crossbreed

This is a discussion on Tucker vs MTAC vs Crossbreed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The previous similar thread was good but does anyone have any experience with Tucker? Specifically, looking for this style for a revolver. I don't think ...

The previous similar thread was good but does anyone have any experience with Tucker? Specifically, looking for this style for a revolver. I don't think that is offered through MTAC. Secondly, advantage or disadvantage of kydex vs. leather on the finish of a stainless wheel gun?

You'll find a lot of comments about the Crossbreed and MTAC, but less on the "The Answer". Here are some that I've come across:

stolivar
    Go Glock
    rodc13
    badgerw
    kashton
    snoozedoc
    hsuCowboy98

My take on it is typically people find that they all work well, and that the MTAC and Answer are better executed than the Crossbreed. The Answer may be nicer, but not a huge amount and perhaps not worth the wait and extra cost.

(Note while I have a MTAC and Crossbreed, I do not have an Answer. This is just my take on it from reading posts about them here)

-john

I have three holsters, gunbelt and two mag pouches from Tucker. My everyday carry rig is an Answer IWB tuckable. It's very comfortable and secure.

The other two are HF1 OWB rigs. Great looking and conceal very well, holding the weapon in tight to the body.

On all of them, the workmanship is second to none, and the function is outstanding. Furthermore, everything they sell is backed by a lifetime guarantee. Really great folks to do business with.

The Answer with Kimber Ultra CDP II:

HF1s for Kimber Ultra CDP II and Desert Warrior:
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I have about as much experience with Tucker as anyone, Id guess. I have several leather examples, an Answer, two Silent Thunders and two Easy Reaches. Rob Longenecker, Tucker's distributor, is a gentleman and businessman of the old school. He is prompt with responses and his promises are iron-clad. He backs up every Tucker product with a 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
    The Answer is the most comfortable holster of any kind I've ever tried. It goes on and comes off with my pants everyday. It has seen thousands of presentations, hot, sweaty days, all kinds of wardrobe choices, tucked, untucked... it conceals a full size 1911 like there's nothing there. It distributes weight as well as any belt holster on the market and has passed countless nap tests. In short, I can't say enough good about the Answer and nothing bad.
    Any kydex can be hard on a finish, but I have seen less wear from the Answer than some leather holsters I've owned. If you're concerned about it, Tucker is now offering a lined version of the Answer, using the same technology as the Silent Thunder.
    I find it funny that many people grip about the price tag for the Answer, yet they are only the people who don't own one. Get one in your hands and on your hip and you will see, feel and appreciate every cent.

I've owned an MTAC and it was a nice holster. The only trouble was that I found it to be a "one trick pony," in that I could only stand to wear it for prolonged periods in one spot. Unfortunately, that spot was not my prefered. Sold.

I've not owned a Crossbreed, but have played with one. I found it's unfinished state to be disagreeable and I do not like the configuration of the sweat shield. I also don't care for the muzzle being exposed and against my skin. Just my personal preferences.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Links