Smart Carry with a Crimson trace lazer on Glock Bad Combination?

This is a discussion on Smart Carry with a Crimson trace lazer on Glock Bad Combination? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I Have a Glock 27 & 22 that I am thinking of putting a Crimson Trace Laser system on but I carry in a ...

Thread: Smart Carry with a Crimson trace lazer on Glock Bad Combination?

Question Smart Carry with a Crimson trace lazer on Glock Bad Combination?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Have a Glock 27 & 22 that I am thinking of putting a Crimson Trace Laser system on but I carry in a smart carry and I am very concerned that when sitting down the laser will be activated by the top of the holster or belt or belly etc. Have any of you had experience with this setup? Has it been a problem?

2. Remove Ads

I just got CT grips for my Glock 26 last week, but haven't yet placed it in SmartCarry. Given the location of the activation button I don't anticipate any problem with it.

I'll report back is it does present a problem.

You may also want to consider all holsters--I found that the retention strap on my shoulder rig went directly over the laser and wouldn't work. Some help from a friend at trimming it up to narrow the strap, using an exacto knife, solved that. My IWB is fine.

The only negative about CT grips has been that the laser does poke out a ways beyond the slide. That makes for an unusual print to a shirt hanging over it when carrying IWB--a little "coccoon like" bump sticks out on the shirt when I bend forward...weird.

Overall I am pleased that I added CT, so encourage you to go with it.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    The best I can offer is my SmartCarry/CT experience with my 4.5" M&P 45, which has the advantage of replacing the interchangable back straps.

I doubt that you will have unintended activation of the laser. I tried hard and could not do it. And I'm overweight so I have an overhanging tummy.

I can see your concern about printing as the CT for the Glock seems to stick out more than on the M&P. The way I carry, the grip is just below my belt. Try it and let us know.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

I highly recommend the LaserMax system for Glocks. No additional bulk or buttons. Perfect alignment with the barrel. I'd love one on a 1911, but the funky switch they use for them won't work in a holster.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I highly recommend the LaserMax system for Glocks. No additional bulk or buttons. Perfect alignment with the barrel. I'd love one on a 1911, but the funky switch they use for them won't work in a holster.
    *I would be concerned about the LaserMax. The lens is right where all the mess is made and is reported to foul frequently. For the CT LaserGrips, the lens is on top of the grip. Also, the LaserMax contains a plastic battery holder. It has been known to fail and render the weapon inoperable. If the CT LaserGrips fails, the weapon still functions.

** This information obtained from the book "Police Pistolcraft" by Michael E. Conti.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

I recently put crimson laser grips on my Glock 27 to see if I like them or not(still undecided) and carry with a crossbreed holster, great holster by the way, and have had no problems with my "laser" going off.
    [B“I firmly believe that any mans finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious”[/B]

Vince Lombardi

Links