Defensive Carry banner

Tuckable holster

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Ram Rod 
#1 ·
I am about to purchase a XD-45 service model (4") and most likley going to go with the Supertuck to conceal becasue I will need to be able to tuck my shirt in at my job and have only read great things about this holster and owner. I would like to have feedback of anyone who is using this holster with this size of gun and would love for some to post any pictures they have of themselves carrying with this set up and similar gun size. I am 5'10" and 170-175 pounds so I am trying to get an idea if I am going to be able to conceal this gun well enought to wear to work. I have never carried before and feel that I might be over thinking becasue of my inexperience so any feedback would be thankfull.

#2 ·
I have one but, my H&K USPc prints to much for it to tuck. I'm6'3" and 230. I have seen it work for some others,just not me.

#3 ·
It depends on what you are tucking in. I have found that it is very difficult for me to use a tuckable holster with slacks and a dress shirt without some sort of cover garment. The Smartcarry is the only think I have been able to use that completely conceals in dress clothes.

If you can wear thicker shirts/pants the Supertuck should work well. I can completely conceal with my Highnoon SplitDecision tuckable when wearing jeans and a polo shirt.

Btw, I'm 5'11" 175ish and carry an XD9 service.

I could probably wear a tuckable in my normal attire, but my job is very, very anti-gun and I have to go with deep concealment.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I forgot to ask, are you getting a compact or the full service model? In case you didn’t know, the compact can double as a service model by accepting the 13 round mags.

I say this because it is much easier to conceal the compact grip than the service model, and then you can just carry a 13 round magazine in your pocket incase you have a situation were you need a full size “service” gun. Just food for thought, it might be worth the little extra cash.

also checkout this thread:
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/610245-post213.html

#9 ·
I have a XD 4" service .40. I love the gun, but (yeah, infamous but,lol) I recently purchased a XDsc 9 for my wife....man,I love that thing. And it hides so nicely with my supertuck. Lol, my wife said she thinks she is going to loose her brand new gun. I am going to purchase a XDsc9 for me......now, I have to decide if I am going to sell my 40 to pay for it or save up for it. Have not decided yet.

#10 ·
Some people just make it a compact by performing a grip chop, there are details on XDtalk.com. obviously it takes some work to make it look good, but you won't have to pay the price of a new gun. Not someting I would do, but it is an option.

#13 ·
I'm 6'1" and 200 lbs. 'Tuckable' is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm a t-shirt/jeans man myself, and I've adapted to my situations well. I use the DeSantis Scorpion IWB for my primary holster with a G19, or G27. How it compares to your Springfield XD I do not know, but one has to be their own engineer on the modus operandi. My Scorpion holster isn't even considered a 'tuckable', but I've made it that way. Rather simple actually----you and your tools have to become one. Your holster/pistol choices become an extension of yourself. Any open minded/experimental type of person will see what they are willing to put some effort into to make work for them. Don't take it personal, but it is! Everyone is different, and specific in their needs. Those who seek things to work for them often work longer and harder than those who seek ways to make what they have to work. I also have an M-Tac minotaur that IS TUCKABLE. I'm still working with it to become comfortable. I currently have no 'drawer full of forgotten holsters'. I don't plan on ever having one either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.