Simple, Crude, Nemesis Mod

This is a discussion on Simple, Crude, Nemesis Mod within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did this mod to my Nemesis/Super Fly for both my P3AT & PF-9. It really makes the draw much easier. I can hook my ...

I did this mod to my Nemesis/Super Fly for both my P3AT & PF-9. It really makes the draw much easier. I can hook my thumb on the sights to get leverage and it pulls straight out while tugging on the grip. Keeps your hand in a good grip position after the draw too by simply lowering the thumb down. Just used an ordinary pair of house scissors.

Whatever floats yer' boat...
    If it works for you, go for it. Can't really picture what the problem was before...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Personally, I would sew that back together. It will tear up very quickly if not.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Nah, it's all pretty much fused together. The only thing that might unravel is the nylon ticking, but even that I doubt. You could always squirt some "sizing" on it (essentially glue made for fabrics). I've carried my P3AT in a similar mod for months with no deterioration at all.

Hard to explain if you don't have the exact setup. By grabbing the grip area only, the gun/holster tends to rock forward in the pocket. Thereby wedging the gun into the front of the holster, possibly wedging into a pocket corner too. It's not impossible to draw this way, but there's a lot higher chance of drawing the holster with the gun without my thumb technique.

The thumb allows a straighter, smoother draw and a more firm grip on the gun coming out.

Looks like it's time for a Kramer!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    I did this mod to my Nemesis/Super Fly for both my P3AT & PF-9. It really makes the draw much easier. I can hook my thumb on the sights to get leverage and it pulls straight out while tugging on the grip. Keeps your hand in a good grip position after the draw too by simply lowering the thumb down. Just used an ordinary pair of house scissors.

Have you thought about an 'uncle mikes' number 1 pocket holster for the P3AT? All you need to do is cut a couple threads at the trigger guard to make it fit perfectly, and the holster does not come up as far as yours. Here's a pic of mine

Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

This works perfectly for me. I don't care what it looks like. No one sees my pocket holster but me! I also like the softer pocket holsters over leather. Had a K&D leather, but being so hard, seemed to print more. I like the Super Fly extra flap that covers the outline of the grip area. I said Nemesis in the title since more people are familiar with it. The front flap really reduces printing. Although I further mod it so the velcro is hinged at the bottom. Less bulky, easier draw that way.

That Uncle Mikes still goes too high past the rear sights to get a good drawing grip. It could use some of my "circumcision" mod too! Snip the tip!

If you're worried about fraying you can simply melt the nylon threads together with a lighter. I did that after modifying an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Links