Magazine ejection with IWB

This is a discussion on Magazine ejection with IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Home made leather/kydex tuckable IWB For those of you with active jobs... Well, after tinkering around with my holster about once a week, I finally ...

Thread: Magazine ejection with IWB

Magazine ejection with IWB

Home made leather/kydex tuckable IWB

For those of you with active jobs...

Well, after tinkering around with my holster about once a week, I finally found a solution for the magazine release button getting depressed when I am laying down on my right side.

I started out hammering a dent in the leather, then went with cutting a notch, then hammering the notch...I finally opted to take a 2"x3/4" strip of .060 kydex and forming it to the mag release, then folding and pressing it into the holster. (sorry, no pics yet). Presto, killed that problem, and saved the $$$ for a gunsmith to mill it down.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Interesting idea. If you're talking a 1911 or anything with a thumb safety, it might be worth trying to do the same thing. Building a form-fitted piece of kydex would keep it from disengaging (which rarely happens in quality holsters, but the cheapies pose a problem).
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I would say that any holster that you can manipulate the inboard side functions (safety, mag release..) from outside the holster, there is a problem.

Even a quality IWB, pressure from ones hipbone, and the butt of the gun getting pressure or movement from the ground or furniture... You never know what position you may end up in during the course of the day.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

My Sparks, Kramers, and Brommelands are so well boned that the safety can't go anywhere. But I've seen some lesser quality holsters that are not much more than pressed leather bags.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Links