Greater than FBI cant IWB?

This is a discussion on Greater than FBI cant IWB? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've begun the tedious and potentially expensive process of selecting a holster for my CZ75. I purchased a Blade-tech IWB, which works pretty well, except ...

Thread: Greater than FBI cant IWB?

Greater than FBI cant IWB?

I've begun the tedious and potentially expensive process of selecting a holster for my CZ75. I purchased a Blade-tech IWB, which works pretty well, except that when the body of the gun/holster is in the sweet spot behind my hip, the heel of the grip is more towards the rear than I would like. Works ok with a loose sweatshirt, but I would like it be a little closer to the center of my side. I'm thinking of trying an IWB with more cant than the 15 degrees FBI cant of the Blade Tech. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

If you want leather,I would call Brock at Bluegrass. I'm sure he could make you what you want. Very reasonable and his work looks great!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You also might want to try a 20 - 30 deg. cant as these will put the heal of the grip in a vertical line with the muzzle which is a cant I think you'd be most happy with given where you carry you're gun. Hope this helps.
    Best,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    The UBG Canute is 25 degrees for a Glock I believe. Nate can clarify this. It hides the grip very well.

Don't go too far forward, it will affect your draw. You'll have to contend with your cover garment and possibly your waistband more.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

The Comp Tac Minitaur and CTAC are adjustable as is the AJK Concealco... Also the KD IWBs I beleive can be ordered with the plastic clips which adds the ability to adjust can't . Keep us in the loop when you find what works as this is an issue many of us also face...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Check out The Dakota and Cochise Defenders from K&D K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories both have adjustable cants so you can keep trying options until you find your spot. I have been using the Dakota Defender for a while now and could not be any more pleased.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    The UBG Canute is 25 degrees for a Glock I believe. Nate can clarify this. It hides the grip very well.
    +1 on the Canute. I can confirm that Nate makes it 25 degrees now and it's a very comfortable, very concealable holster.

UBG Holsters
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Does anyone have any experience with the Kirkpatrick Hidden Defense? Kirkpatrick Leather Concealment Holsters - The Hidden Defense It looks to have a little more cant to it.

Sam Andrews McDaniel II or K&D Defender are my two favorite holsters which just so happen to be very adjustable. Both work very well for me and I like a lot of forward cant!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Many (most?) custom makers will build to the angle of cant you desire. Once you settle on the degree of cant you like, make sure that you measure it so it can be replicated later if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Sam Andrews McDaniel II or K&D Defender are my two favorite holsters which just so happen to be very adjustable. Both work very well for me and I like a lot of forward cant!
    I'll agree and add in my new favorite, the Little Feather Leather LFL 110 which my 442 will soon call home.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

My usual preference is for approx. 25 degrees cant. As a general rule, the further back towards your spine you wear iwb and the bigger the grip, more cant on holster tends to work out better.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

IIRC, Gary Brommeland uses about 25 degrees in the MaxCon V.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

See this thread for my tips on adjusting the CTAC.

I had the same issues as you and was able to adjust the cant on the CTAC until the body of my CZ 75B was in a sweet spot for me and the grip was pretty well hidden.

Links