Ken Null UNS for a Kahr PM9

This is a discussion on Ken Null UNS for a Kahr PM9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying my Kahr PM9 IWB with a Fist #19 and it is not working for me. The issue is that because the ...

Thread: Ken Null UNS for a Kahr PM9

I have been carrying my Kahr PM9 IWB with a Fist #19 and it is not working for me. The issue is that because the pistol is so short length wise and the hoslter is cut to the size of the pistol, the pistol and holster are tilting outward and digging into my body. I know some people just a P9 holster while carrying a PM9, but I noticed the Null UNS.

It looks like it would help with me problem of the PM9 and holster having too small of a footprint and not being comfortable. Does anybody have any expeirence with this holster? I also have never had a horsehide holster, only cowhide. So I am curious how if horsehide to use for an IWB.

Thanks very much.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

I've no experience with Null holsters but I can tell you horsehide makes great holsters whether IWB or OWB. It's a more dense leather than cow (can be a little slimmer) and can make one solid holster. I've been very pleased with my horsehides.
    On another note, I'd be interested if you decide to get rid of the #19.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Ken Null makes great Holsters, and he doesn't get mentioned a lot in the forums. I've used one of his Holsters for the past twelve years for a J-Frame when I need really deep concealment.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Ken Null makes great Holsters, and he doesn't get mentioned a lot in the forums. I've used one of his Holsters for the past twelve years for a J-Frame when I need really deep concealment.

Biker
    Nulls quality is definately not a question. Everything I have heard or seen shows his excellent quality. Just wondering if people have tried the UNS or if my thinking that the UNS might help solve my comfort issues.

Pjmaxm I had the same issues with my colt officers model 3 and a half inch 1911,and the null uns rig solved this problem. As to comfort its a very comfortable rig the most comfortable I've tried,and I'm gonna order one for my S&W K-frame to. Also are you using a real gunbelt? A gunbelt has a huge impact on carry comfort and concealbility. If not you should give ken's belts a look to I have one of his belts and its top notch,it seems like you could hang a car off this thing. Try the uns you won't be sorry.

I carry my PM9 in a Brigade Gunleather M-11 IWB holster. It is a very comfortable holster and because the leather extends a considerable amount below the barrel of the gun, it prevents the tipping problem that you are having with your FIST holster. I can't say anything about the Nulls holster as I've never owned one, but I do prefer a design like the M-11 better than the design of the UNS. Reason is I like the attachment straps at the outside of the holster as opposed to be on top of the gun portion of the holster which is at the thickest point. I'm a large guy and a holster like the UNS isn't as comfortable or as easy to conceal as a holster like the M-11. Be forewarned that If you like the design of the M-11, I'd give them a call and see how long it may take to get one as Brigade can be very slow.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Pjmaxm I had the same issues with my colt officers model 3 and a half inch 1911,and the null uns rig solved this problem. As to comfort its a very comfortable rig the most comfortable I've tried,and I'm gonna order one for my S&W K-frame to. Also are you using a real gunbelt? A gunbelt has a huge impact on carry comfort and concealbility. If not you should give ken's belts a look to I have one of his belts and its top notch,it seems like you could hang a car off this thing. Try the uns you won't be sorry.
    Your posts on the UNS and your 3.5" 1911 is actually what got me thinking on the UNS for my PM9. I think I will just try it since everyone who has one or uses one has positive things to say about it.

I am using a Wilderness Frequent Flyer 5-stitch as my gun belt right now. I like it because it is very light with the plastic rings as a buckle but still supports well. I used to use an Aker B21 which has a plastic insert but found it to stiff and that wearing it felt like a metal loop around my waist as it did not conform at all. It is fine for OWB, but with IWB it did not work for me. I will be looking to get a good leather belt though for times when the Wilderness is not appropriate though.

I have used the offset loop design before, a UBG Canute with a PF-9, and had a similar issue to what I am having with the PM9; not as pronounced though. Also I am a smaller guy, 5’10” and about 175, and found the offset loop design to be a little wide for my body type. That is the reason I got the Fist #19 because it was an offset loop design made as narrow as possible and designed for smaller people like me. I am sure if it was for a larger gun it would work for me, but the ultra-compact PM9 presents special issues I guess. I love it as a pocket pistol for when I have too. I can see on a heavy gun how the spaced loops will help to distribute the weight, but the belt loop on the UNS looks to be double wide and probably enough for the super light PM9.

I guess I could ask Nate to make one with an extended bottom, but the UNS looks specifically designed for the issues I am having. But with the PM9 being so light and thin I do not think getting the thinnest holster is an issue. Also the UNS does not look to have a reinforced mouth, so it should not be too bulky.

Well I finally decided to quit procrastinating and order a UNS. Called Mr. Null today and ordered a UNS

He said it should be about a week before he sends it out which is amazing.

While the price is higher than I initially was planning on for a holster; the apparent quality, design, and fast turnaround seems like it will justify the cost.

I am excited to receive the holster and see how it works for me. I will definitely post some pictures and a review.
    Last edited by pjmaxm; April 30th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.

Links