Mitch Rosen Clipper IWB

This is a discussion on Mitch Rosen Clipper IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm curious...wonder if anybody on the forum has had any experience with the Mitch Rosen Clipper IWB holster: I've never had a "clip" type holster ...

Thread: Mitch Rosen Clipper IWB

Mitch Rosen Clipper IWB

I'm curious...wonder if anybody on the forum has had any experience with the Mitch Rosen Clipper IWB holster:

I've never had a "clip" type holster before...if it works well it does seem to have some advantages. Since this holster is straight up...no cant, it can be moved to cross draw postion while driving. Might be a perfect size for a smaller auto. I am seriously considering a Kahr K9 and this holster is one they advertise on their site. Any feedback would be welcome.

2. Remove Ads

Looks very similar to the Don Hume H715M W/C Clip-On IWB Holster. I purchase the Don Hume a week ago and have worn it a few times. It will require some feeling out to see where it works when sitting down. Otherwise, it is a very good option.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Another option is check out the web site theholsterstore.com. They make one real similar to the Don Hume. I have both and the biggest difference I can tell is that the Hume has a weaker clip. They both fit the gun real nice but if the clip isn't really tight you will pull the entire holster when you draw. The one from the holster store is significantly tighter. Also, If you are using this on a medium to large gun, you may want to consider a holster that is large enough that two clips or two loops are being used. It spreads out the weight of the gun and makes it more comfy. Actually makes the gun feel lighter.

I have one for a PM9. It's a good holster, and I find it works well in front of the hip bone. I never tried it as a Crossdraw. Maybe I'll have to try it one of these days.

Biker

A single clip does a poor job of pulling the weapon in close. That first picture proves it...a little tiny Kahr with the butt sticking out farther from the body than any of my full-size governments do with a VM2.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

AZ Husker: you may be right...you might be wrong...but one surely cannot tell by a photo, and that's for certain. That looks body tight to me...but hey...it's a photo. I think you are seeing what you want to see. This isn't just any clip type holster...itís a Mitch Rosen and that name equates with "quality". I find it hard to believe he would produce an IWB holster with it if it did not meet his normal QA standards.

I think I'll ask BikerRN to confirm your hypothesis. He is a LEO and a fellow 3 inch barrel revolver aficionado...and I trust that he will tell me the real deal having mucho experience to back up his opinion. Especially since he actually owns this particular holster.

Hey BRN...you have run across a few IWB holsters in your day...do you concur with AZ Husker that a clip does a poor job pulling the weapon in closer to the body?

Hey BRN...you have run across a few IWB holsters in your day...do you concur with AZ Husker that a clip does a poor job pulling the weapon in closer to the body?
    Oh boy, get me in the middle of this dogfight why don't ya'?

I knew today wasn't going to be my day. Take me out behind the Barn and shoot me please. Actually I find the "Clipper" to be about the best clip type Holster made. For a gun like the PM9 or a J-Frame I find it works very well and doesn't pull the butt away from the body any more than a Summer Special II.

I like the "Clipper" for Appendix type carry with a small gun. If I was going to carry my 3" Ruger GP100, which I do, I'd use my SSII and place it behind the hip.

Again, in front of the hip, with a small gun, it's a good Holster and you will search hard to find a better one for the money. I'm not a fan of "clip" Holsters, but they do have their place.

Biker

Administrator
    I agree with BRN, I have a PM9 and that holster. It is a nice holster just to shove it in front of your hip bone and run to the store.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Mea Culpa AZ Husker. I actually did a little research on a couple more sites which further confirmed BikerRN's and SIXTO's comments on the "Clipper". It is a well made holster and the steel clip is very good...but the smaller, poly Kahrs would be the better match for them.

I am wanting the heavier all-steel K9 and you were right on the money...it really would not accomodate the weight of this particular frame by snugging it up close to the body.

Holsters are really an important decision when considering CCW. I sometimes see what I want to see...thanks for your input. I think you just saved me some money.

I have had very good results from High Noon Holsters...not sure why I am so quick to jump ship.

Any CCW holster should allow you a good combat grip on the gun. These type holsters (Mitch Rossen, Don Hume, and Holster Store) all allow the gun to ride to low for me to get a good grip. I prefer and use High Noon Holsters. The gun sits higher, the clip is like an iron jaw and you can get them canted or straight drop. Just my opinion, you have to decide what works for you.

BTW, I carry a Kahr CW9 or Glock 19 depending on the day.

good point detroit9mm. I own a couple of High Noon OWB holsters...love them! If I were to go the High Noon route, however, I'd go with the snap loops as the same clip style IWB are also offered with loops. The K9 is all steel and heavier than the CW9 or G19...and about half the size of the G19.

Clipper is my favorite.. I once bought it for my PM9.. sold it for a HBE Pro-TL coz (I thought) I wanted tuckable..... then I found that tuckable-design is not really that practical .... I bought a Clipper AGAIN and never been happier with the set up.

Sweat guard, metal reinforced mouth band ... it DOES pull close to the body.. more importantly (to me) is the use of THIN leather... many holster mentioned above made form THICK leather and it just add bulk. And I like it to ride low.. IWB is for better concealment, but YMMV. The straight draw allow me to wear it comfortable anywhere between 2 to 4 o'clock base on what I wear and my mood of the day.

I have been wearing a PM9 in a Clipper for 2 years. BEST set up for Kahr in my opinion.

I just ordered a Gen4 Glock 26 .. am about to order a Clipper for it.

Buy with confident ..

Links